What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think most places have gone to the stick on weights from what I’ve seen.
Yeah, these are sometimes called “tape weights” also. I like them personally, they aren’t visible, and any time you have any halfway decent wheel, they shouldn’t be using any weight that attaches to the rim. Just make sure they start out by balancing correctly, using the red, or yellow dot, so they don’t need to add a ton of weight in the first place..!

ETA: https://www.rtsauto.com/how-to-balance-a-tire-properly-use-the-yellow-and-red-dots/

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have my new wheels, tpms sensors, and lug nuts and now just watching for Black Friday tire sales to get new tires mounted and balanced.

I'm looking to get the Michelin Defender LTX.

Also, I've never had wheels balanced using stick on weights ('33 hot rod has them, but my father in law had them done). Do most places use them now standard? Does anyone know if Costco uses stick ons?

The new wheels don't appear to have an outer lip to attach weights to....

View attachment 384932
Stick ons here. Get the Michelins. I listened to several guys on here and they are by far the best riding tire I've had. I had Bridgestone duelers for years because that's what came factory. Hands down, Michelin's. So much so, that I swap my Bridgestones from the Yukon after 10k miles on the alenza "plus". The supposed higher end version. I hated them. Moved them over to the avalanche since I only drive it to work and back, primarily. My yukon with oem 22s rides better than it did new. It always had shakes. This was amplified with the new Bridgestones. All of that went away with the Michelin

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SO................one day this week when I parked in my normal parking spot at work. I always back in. I saw the lawn crew out mowing the property. But nothing out of the ordinary there I see them all the time, except for the fact it's November and it's still in the 60's/70's and the grass still need mowed. So anyway I went in and did my prison time. I'm one of the last few cars left in the lot at night because I am the closer.

So I come out to my truck and my damned driver's side mirror is busted up. I'm like WTF?? The whole housing was split apart and the glass was shattered in the top right corner. It honestly looked like it was hit from behind. The mirror was in it's normal position, didn't fold in or out from the impact. But there was no body damage. So I am sitting there scratching my head who the faaack hit my truck?

This was pre-existing damage, so this was not the cause:

IMG_5164.JPG

Here is the busted housing:

IMG_5165.JPG

IMG_5166.JPG

It was really odd though. Investigating the scene my gut started to tell me it was not another vehicle that caused the damage. Maybe vandalism?? One thing that was sticking out was you can see there is some mud or dirt on the impact point on the mirror corner top right:

IMG_5167.JPG

Reaction score
Long story short, life interferes with my story telling. One of the mowers kicked up a slice of tree branch and took it out.

Work paid for a new pair. Because replacing one would be stupid. And I am worth it.
I was gonna say before you posted this last post that it was probably a rock or stick kicked up by a mower

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz