What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my dash cam and motion detector installed. The wire hanging down is power for my other dash cam which suction cup mounts and has an inside the cabin camera.

next up is to figure out cable routing for the rear window camera.

Attachments

• 20210920_175842.jpg
    20210920_175842.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 4

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think something thinner, that would wick into the space better, would last longer. Maybe some water-thin (or slightly thicker) epoxy resin? Epoxy's only enemy is UV, so under the truck it should hold up well.
Would POR-15 work? It pretty thick stuff, hates UV but I think it might seal the ends up enough and protect it. Just shooting from the hip..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys…I have a question. Any thoughts or ideas on keeping the sway bar/stabilizer bar from suffering failure resulting from Michigan winters?

The bars are formed, flattened, and a hole is punched for the sway bar links. At the end of the tube stock where it was cut and flattened, the “fold” started to rot out on my old one. I’m debating filling the end of this one with some JB weld vs an actual weld so the heat doesn’t warp the bar.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, comments, oh $h*ts or by the ways? Thanks…

View attachment 350870View attachment 350871View attachment 350872
the hellwig bars are solid and powder coated

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Ok guys…I have a question. Any thoughts or ideas on keeping the sway bar/stabilizer bar from suffering failure resulting from Michigan winters?

The bars are formed, flattened, and a hole is punched for the sway bar links. At the end of the tube stock where it was cut and flattened, the “fold” started to rot out on my old one. I’m debating filling the end of this one with some JB weld vs an actual weld so the heat doesn’t warp the bar.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, comments, oh $h*ts or by the ways? Thanks…

View attachment 350870View attachment 350871View attachment 350872
Fluid Film will put a stop to any corrosion.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to crawl under the car three times today with it in gear to put the dam shift linkage back on so I could put it in reverse to park.
Parts are supposedly showing up tomorrow to fix that crup
I guess it’s a good thing you can crawl under yours. I can’t on mine at all without jacking it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe