What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally installed the 14 bolt i had picked up from the junk yard a while back. My truck came with the 10 bolt and 3.42 gears. 14 bolt has 4.10's which should really help with the 33" tires.

14 bolt came from an avalanche i believe. i believe these came factory in truck with 6.2L but you'll have to search to find the gear ratio you want. Doing an axle swap is cheaper than re-gearing the existing 10 bolt and now i get the heavy duty axle. (2wd also so no front diff to re-gear either. blessing and curse)

you'll also need a conversion u-joint to a 1350 for your driveshaft. i picked up a driveshaft as well from the junkyard so i could get the new u-joints installed without any down time.

IMG_7574.jpeg
65188956878__B3704EB8-A912-4ACF-8389-55765EB0B781.jpeg

After a quick tune update with hp tuners the drive-ability is 10000x better. 4.10 is a great gear pairing for the 33's and 4l60e. seems like the 1-2 and 2-1 shift needs some cleaning up as well as idle but i've got a bit more learning to do before messing with that stuff. gear/tire wizard i can do lol

Last edited:

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a 14 bolt with 4.10's to replace my 10 bolt + 3.42s on my Tahoe today.

14 bolt came from an avalanche i believe. i believe these came factory in truck with 6.2L but you'll have to search to find the gear ratio you want. Doing an axle swap is cheaper than re-gearing the existing 10 bolt and now i get the heavy duty axle. (2wd also so no front diff to re-gear either. blessing and curse)

you'll also need a conversion u-joint to a 1350 for your driveshaft. i picked up a driveshaft as well from the junkyard so i could get the new u-joints installed without any down time.

View attachment 348905
View attachment 348904

After a quick tune update with hp tuners the drive-ability is 10000x better. 4.10 is a great gear pairing for the 33's and 4l60e. seems like the 1-2 and 2-1 shift needs some cleaning up as well as idle but i've got a bit more learning to do before messing with that stuff. gear/tire wizard i can do lol
Didn't know that gm made 14bolts with 6lug. Sweet swap!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a 14 bolt with 4.10's to replace my 10 bolt + 3.42s on my Tahoe today.

View attachment 348905
View attachment 348904

Awesome, I have one sitting on my work bench waiting for cooler weather! Did you really need the conversion u-joint? Mine came out of a RWD 2011 Escalade and with a cursory glance, looks the same as my original. If I understand you correctly, did yours come with 4.10 gears already?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I have one sitting on my work bench waiting for cooler weather! Did you really need the conversion u-joint? Mine came out of a RWD 2011 Escalade and with a cursory glance, looks the same as my original. If I understand you correctly, did yours come with 4.10 gears already?

hey james....you want one with 4.10s?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey james....you want one with 4.10s?
Hi Randy, think I'm going to stick with 3.42s or maybe 3.73s, still running stock size tires. Thanks for the offer, oh wait, do you mean the whole axle or gearset? My daughter and I were talking about 4.10s for her Sierra since it runs on 35s. One last question, did you need the conversion u-joint when you did your 14-bolt swap?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was talking about trading entire axles
i need to gear mine back down, its just as easy swapping the entire axle rather than taking it somewhere to get the ring and pinion changed
i didnt need conversion ujoint for mine, already had the 1350 joints

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since I bought it, I've been wanting to get rid of the fake wood in my Denali, by covering it with fake carbon fiber. So I did the smart thing and started with the most difficult piece; my new-to-me forward bin I scored from the junkyard out of a Suburban.

Step one was to remove the tabs for the forward cupholders, which I will never use, and fill the resulting holes.

20210827_174417.jpg

After sanding away the parting lines and soaking it in Superclean to get rid of the funk from the previous owner, I got to work wrapping it. This took about three hours. It's not perfect. But it turned out pretty well, I think. The rubber pad is a bit distorted and still smells, so I'm on the hunt for a replacement.

20210830_065539.jpg

It certainly has more room than the original. And no more slab of wood, or crevices that stuff can fall through.

20210830_070939.jpg

Installed in the truck, it really looks good. I've got a replacement cupholder on the way since this one is missing a tab, and has some scratches.

20210830_071052.jpg

Now that I've started I'm looking forward to getting the rest wrapped.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ever since I bought it, I've been wanting to get rid of the fake wood in my Denali, by covering it with fake carbon fiber. So I did the smart thing and started with the most difficult piece; my new-to-me forward bin I scored from the junkyard out of a Suburban.

Step one was to remove the tabs for the forward cupholders, which I will never use, and fill the resulting holes.

View attachment 348942

After sanding away the parting lines and soaking it in Superclean to get rid of the funk from the previous owner, I got to work wrapping it. This took about three hours. It's not perfect. But it turned out pretty well, I think. The rubber pad is a bit distorted and still smells, so I'm on the hunt for a replacement.

View attachment 348943

It certainly has more room than the original. And no more slab of wood, or crevices that stuff can fall through.

View attachment 348944

Installed in the truck, it really looks good. I've got a replacement cupholder on the way since this one is missing a tab, and has some scratches.

View attachment 348945

Did you use 1 large piece of CF? I don't see any seams. Nice job.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 348942

View attachment 348943

View attachment 348944

View attachment 348945

I've done a bit of wrapping. Some parts are difficult but that looks pretty clean. When I wrapped my dash pieces on my NNBS Silverado I didn't really trust the areas where the wheel buttons were. When you cut a slit in the wrap for those skinny holes there isn't much material to wrap around the backside so i was afraid it wouldn't last. I ended up buying the brushed metal parts. Hopefully yours will be OK. I might have just been being paranoid or maybe I just wanted an excuse to buy all brushed metal parts.