What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh now you’ve gone and done it!! It’ll break tomorrow…
Nah, I’ve tempted fate many times on this particular issue. It’ll be something else but I’m pretty sure something will break again soon. I mean, my trans started acting up last week on the 3-2 downshift ( hopefully just a solenoid) so it’s always a matter of time. But since I’ll be pulling my pan I guess I’ll be down there so I’ll have a look. :)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF? I don’t understand why an “improved” part would fail faster then the original. I still haven’t had an OEM one break.
the rubber softened up, it could be a chingchong manufacture issue or it could be from heat, I would lean towards it being heat related, either way it's fixed now and still serviceable if need be.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Comp cams full roller rockers?
I'm looking at the ultra pro magnum rocker arms.

secondary would be the comp cams ultra gold aluminum rockers for $150 more.
looking at 1.8 or 1.82 ratio...
I’m using comp cams max lift BSR rockers. Love them. They make em for ls1 style ls3 style and ls7 style. I wanted to get a trunion upgrade then saw these and I couldn’t be happier.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With blackbear, do you have to buy their tuner?
or is it a lease type of a thing?

I would love to just use hptuners and my licenses.
Learn to tune it yourself. That’s what I did after a really delayed update from remote tuner. Hptuners and the internet FTW! Once you understand what to log and what you’re looking at it’s easier to figure out what needs to be done to fix it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the rubber softened up, it could be a chingchong manufacture issue or it could be from heat, I would lean towards it being heat related, either way it's fixed now and still serviceable if need be.
Is there anything wrong with the original design that that one supposedly fixes? Also I just realized this is a NNBS thing and I don’t have that on my NBS correct? That’s why I haven’t had an issue with my 02 I guess. And my 08? Hmmm.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there anything wrong with the original design that that one supposedly fixes? Also I just realized this is a NNBS thing and I don’t have that on my NBS correct? That’s why I haven’t had an issue with my 02 I guess. And my 08? Hmmm.
ya the original plastic bushing gets brittle and cracks into pieces, after I put this bushing on everything was fine until we had this heat wave this past week, plus I drove it up to the high desert and I drive it like I stole it 99% of the time so I think whatever rubber material they used to make it just doesn't like the heat