What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had rear brake pads and new rotors installed. Ceramic pads. Also removed the retracable side steps. The pass side was extended and would not retract. The drivers side would not move. Probably a bad motor. What was interesting is my blind spot monitoring is now disabled. I think there was a module attached to the drivers side.

The rear brakes startd to grind last week.
the blind spot modules are on both the left & right side behind the rear wheel just inside the middle of the bumper cover they look kind of like a claymore on a bracket

stagrlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
210k miles
  • Plugs/wires
  • Tranny fluid flush and filter
  • Frt/Rear diff fluids
  • Fuel Filter
  • Fuel Pressure Regulator
  • Rear xfer case seal
  • xfer case fluid
  • Chassis Lube
  • Wipers
Thought I was all done and the fuel pumps pressure check valve just failed. This is the 4th pump in the truck... FML

Pretty cool how fluid swaps keep everything looking good

IMG_2914D (1).jpeg

Last edited:

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I was all done and the fuel pumps pressure check valve just failed. This is the 4th pump in the truck... FML

Is the filter with the pump assembly? What is the normal life expectancy of a Tahoe’s fuel pump assembly? Those always seem to fail at the wrong place and time. I wouldn’t mind changing it out prophylactilcaly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stagrlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the filter with the pump assembly? What is the normal life expectancy of a Tahoe’s fuel pump assembly? Those always seem to fail at the wrong place and time. I wouldn’t mind changing it out prophylactilcaly.

There is a pre-filter in the pump and a replaceable filter in line just after the tank (at least in the L59 flex fuel trucks). The check valve failure doesn't seem to leave you stranded, just you need to move the key to "on" hold for 2 seconds to build pressure then go to "start". Otherwise you need to try to start twice. I imagine most people ignore it and the pump runs more than it should causing the pump section to fail.

Husky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dedicated a lot of time to some mods on my Tahoe this weekend. I replaced my low beam halogen lights with one of HID Guy's kits, plasti dipped my chrome surround on my grille, tried to repaint my front bowtie (FAIL!), replaced my interior lights with LEDs, installed my holster under my steering column, and replaced a seatbelt latch on the driver's seat. Now I'm waiting on my rear door actuators to come in as well as the billet bowties I ordered. As soon as they get here I'll get to installing them too. Long weekend but I got it done. What did you do to your Tahoe/Yukon?

Husky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Upgraded the taillights now going to try out some different headlights. Wife is walking around shaking her head not able to understand why anybody would take apart a perfectly good running vehicle that has nothing wrong with it. Told her it's just a incurable sickness I have ha!

Screenshot_20191222-144837_YouTube.jpg

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had a few hours to mess around with the Tahoe. Fixed my tow haul and manual mode issue. Apparently the PD this truck came from didn’t want that function to work so they snipped 2 of the wires. I frankenstiened it back together and it now works. I have to admit it’s not my way of fixing things. I need the tow haul mode to work for an upcoming Scouts trip & to tow the trailer.

I’m going to see if I can source one at a recycler yard soon or just swallow the rediculous price of a new one.

For Christmas got Weathertechs, front fit great but the one Piece second row doesn’t fit with the full jump seat center in my truck. Hmmm

Need to replace the door moldings and body side moldings around the doors next. Drivers door is trashed.

Paul
5trmtrp

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
How did I ring in the new year?

Here, let me right a poem...

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue oh Head Gasket why did you blew?! LMAO

I figured there had to be more to the story as to why I was having performance loss and oil on the spark plugs.

So... now these are going to be ordered in the near future:

https://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Performance/809/12675871K/10002/-1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort

Latest posts