What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you don't get a flat! That would suck with no spare.
I had a screw in my tire for the last few weeks still holds air they will not fix it since it's on the edge I rather not buy a new tires yet because they still got plenty of life left plus buying a new set is 1000$ :(

I have Spare delete as well

at lest get a GM tire repair kit
and the air pump..

:)

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had a screw in my tire for the last few weeks still holds air they will not fix it since it's on the edge I rather not buy a new tires yet because they still got plenty of life left plus buying a new set is 1000$ :(

I have Spare delete as well

at lest get a tahoe Hybrid tire repair kit
How about fix a flat or something similar?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it will damage the TPMS though unless TPMS rated

use the tire repair kit that gm offered with the hybirds

I also have my spare removed, it wouldn't do me any good anyhow since my tires are slightly bigger than stock. But I can't find the GM repair kit, I tried to buy one from gmpartdirect some time ago, but they cancelled my order saying it was discontinued.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Hope you don't get a flat! That would suck with no spare.
I’ve got all terrains, and tire pressure monitors, and AAA. The spare has only been used once in the life of the vehicle, and the winch mechanism that holds it up under the vehicle is sticky and half the time won’t let it drop down. Even if it did, the tire on the spare rim is 12 years old, and itself felt like it had only had 18 pounds if air in it. Wouldn’t do me a whole lotta good. Next time I need tires I’m also going up in size and would be SOL even if it did drop down from its mount.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got all terrains, and tire pressure monitors, and AAA. The spare has only been used once in the life of the vehicle, and the winch mechanism that holds it up under the vehicle is sticky and half the time won’t let it drop down. Even if it did, the tire on the spare rim is 12 years old, and itself felt like it had only had 18 pounds if air in it. Wouldn’t do me a whole lotta good. Next time I need tires I’m also going up in size and would be SOL even if it did drop down from its mount.

On a 6000# vehicle, not sure I’d be able to notice a difference in performance or handling if I removed 100#. I certainly don’t notice a difference when my wife buys 200# of groceries for my family of 6.

As for the spare feeling like it only has 18psi, that’s because people tend to forget to check the pressure on their spare tires. I was taught at an early age that you need to check the pressure in your spare regularly otherwise it’s useless if you get a flat and it’s flat as well.

I find it interesting that some folks want to take as much weight out of their vehicle as possible including the spare, jack and lug wrench while at the same time, there is a thread on this forum where folks talk about carrying 200# or more of tools, spare parts and emergency blankets.

Just goes to show the wide range of folks that drive these types of vehicles.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 6000# vehicle, not sure I’d be able to notice a difference in performance or handling if I removed 100#. I certainly don’t notice a difference when my wife buys 200# of groceries for my family of 6.

As for the spare feeling like it only has 18psi, that’s because people tend to forget to check the pressure on their spare tires. I was taught at an early age that you need to check the pressure in your spare regularly otherwise it’s useless if you get a flat and it’s flat as well.

I find it interesting that some folks want to take as much weight out of their vehicle as possible including the spare, jack and lug wrench while at the same time, there is a thread on this forum where folks talk about carrying 200# or more of tools, spare parts and emergency blankets.

I didn't remove mine for weight savings, it was originally removed to lend out to a friend/fellow tahoe owner. I left it out after he returned it to me, like I said earlier, it doesn't do me any good being its smaller size than my other tires are, and I won't use it, even in a pinch. I'd rather wait for a tow or tire replacement, then to burn up my diffs or t-case. I then was cleaning up under it, and I found the winch is broken anyway.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score

Can’t say for the suburbans but the tahoes are ~5400 pounds for the 4wd models. That said on more suburban streets I can see people not being able to notice, and not everybody drives like I do. I’ve never been one to be afraid of a corner because sense the day I got my licence I’ve been back and fourth from the coast to the valley going over the pass and thru the twisties- so i’ll pretty much set the cruise at 62 and go for it.

Tahoe goes around corners better than my old S10. Issue on the S10 was it will pick up the rear inside tire if you carry too much speed because the rear axle doesn’t have enough weight over it, and it will want to oversteer. The Tahoe however will make both tires on one side start to howl but it never looses traction. That said I do have to turn of cruise control for those corners and take them at 55. My grandad however who is the previous owner of my tahoe says he has taken them at 65 and that stabilitrack is ‘the shit’

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn