What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally wired up my dash cam (it's been mounted for like a month... Lol) and washed and vacuumed it.

Mine is on the fritz. It works and then gets too hot and while it runs, does not record. Then yesterday, when it recorded a takedown of a bad guy, the camera showed that those videos were locked but when I went to read them today, they were gone!

Ridin Solo

Brain Ninja
Reaction score
80d13fcb9f586a225107642075684974.jpg

Does anybody have any guesses as to what would make this happen?? It happened twice. I started it up and saw the abs light and didn’t see my gauges working so I thought it died after starting. So I turned the key to off, started it again and same thing. ABS light, no outside temp/compass, and gauges not working. It was running though because this time I pushed the gas and the engine rev’d but no change. Waited about 5 minutes, started it again, and it hasn’t happened since. [emoji2955] weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ridin Solo

Brain Ninja
Reaction score
I would start with cleaning your battery terminals, then check and clean the grounds under the hood. even if the LOOK fine, do them anyway.

What Wes said! How old is the battery? Even if fairly new, a bad cell can also wreak havoc on the electrical system.

10-4, will do. Thanks guys! Oh and the battery is maybe 1.5yrs old.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10-4, will do. Thanks guys! Oh and the battery is maybe 1.5yrs old.

After the grounds and wires are checked out and it still acts up, get the battery tested. In the meantime, see if you have a friend with a bi-directional scan tool that can read BCM and Chassis codes. When the system went haywire, internal codes were stored which may shed light on what happened.

Once our youngest daughter ran down the battery in the truck. She turned the key to run and let the fan and all the lights and everything run for an hour until the battery died. The truck threw all kinds of codes and did not get itself sorted out until we got her jumped and began to clear the codes.

Someone with a Tech-2 or similar can run a test on the cluster to make sure it is ok too.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a couple of new blank keys for the tahoe. Home depot and lowes refused to cut em. Found a locksmith who cut em for 10 bucks. Programmed the first key using the youtube videos. The second spare key started the truck right up without programming. Im hella confused

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo