What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a prototype set of cryo-tempered Power Slot rotors on my S10 since around 2004. Paired exclusively and always with Hawk HPS pads, that was the most incredible set of direct-replacement rotors and pads I've ever known. They stopped smoothly, quickly and reliably no matter what- temperature, frequency- it didn't matter. After about 12 years, 70,000+ miles and one change of pads, the rotors barely had a lip around the edge where it had worn over time.

I bought these cryo-tempered slotted Power Stop (or Stop Tech) rotors thinking they were the same thing. They're wearing faster than the pads. I got Hawk pads again but their LTS version since it's a Tahoe. I like the look of the slots, but they dust like crazy and I'd rather have smooth brakes than be concerned with some flair.

Thanks for the part numbers and input!

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a prototype set of cryo-tempered Power Slot rotors on my S10 since around 2004. Paired exclusively and always with Hawk HPS pads, that was the most incredible set of direct-replacement rotors and pads I've ever known. They stopped smoothly, quickly and reliably no matter what- temperature, frequency- it didn't matter. After about 12 years, 70,000+ miles and one change of pads, the rotors barely had a lip around the edge where it had worn over time.

I bought these cryo-tempered slotted Power Stop (or Stop Tech) rotors thinking they were the same thing. They're wearing faster than the pads. I got Hawk pads again but their LTS version since it's a Tahoe. I like the look of the slots, but they dust like crazy and I'd rather have smooth brakes than be concerned with some flair.

Thanks for the part numbers and input!

I used the "OE Performance" upgrade (came branded GM) on my Tahoe which are the Raybestos R-300 line. We cycle them pretty good and have been happy so far. For my requirements, I wanted to stay away from anything that is drilled as that's where is saw documented issues. The fact that GM was cool with them was reassuring.

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the "OE Performance" upgrade (came branded GM) on my Tahoe which are the Raybestos R-300 line. We cycle them pretty good and have been happy so far. For my requirements, I wanted to stay away from anything that is drilled as that's where is saw documented issues. The fact that GM was cool with them was reassuring.
Those were from GM’s China division GENERAR MOTORS

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to diagnose an oil leak and found a coolant leak as well :(

Burnswil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to diagnose an oil leak and found a coolant leak as well :(
Probably better than the exhaust leak I fear I have. Took it to the dealership for inspection and they said I need to replace the manifold. I thought BS. I then was like man my throttle seems sluggish. Pulled it in the garage before leaving for the holidays and it seemed to smell. Probably either a hole in the manifold or the gasket. Can't tell if it's noisier or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably better than the exhaust leak I fear I have. Took it to the dealership for inspection and they said I need to replace the manifold. I thought BS. I then was like man my throttle seems sluggish. Pulled it in the garage before leaving for the holidays and it seemed to smell. Probably either a hole in the manifold or the gasket. Can't tell if it's noisier or not.

That happend to my 05 and it was manifold bolt heads rusting and breaking off. Which caused them to slightly separate from the block especially in the hot and cold weather.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aww man. Atleast you caught it now rather the find out the hard way..

True very true

Man, that stinks. BUT, now would be a good time to upgrade to some nice LTs ;)

That happend to my 05 and it was manifold bolt heads rusting and breaking off. Which caused them to slightly separate from the block especially in the hot and cold weather.

It seems to be a common problem.
I'm lookin at getting some header studs to replace mine. I'm just dreading and hoping they are all intact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts