What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This past weekend, flushed the power steering fluid the safe way similar to how you do tranny. Suck out as much of old out, put new fluid, turn wheel and keep following process until clear fluid comes out. Took about 40 fl oz.

Also changed out headlight bulbs with Sylvannia second lowest option (Xtra Vision). Literally looks like bulbs that came out of the dam tahoe, not happy but these will be a great back up when I get some HIDs in the future.

This weekend, doing differential fluid.

HoS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On vacation the check engine light came on. All gauges normal and Temps good.

I hope it's just an o2 sensor or something. 134k miles 07 xl Denali.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

07LTZJNAK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So Brown Santa showed up at the office yesterday with lots of goodies, including the new Rosen CarShow unit for Wifey's surprise Tahoe LTZ.

I removed the old OEM head unit, and like others have written, the tough part is stowing the additional harnesses that the Rosen unit uses, other issue was a misunderstanding on my part with the OEM back-up camera. Overall I am very happy, boot time is a little slow IMO but the radio tuner works great, the SiriusXM integration was easy, and I was able to use the OEM GPS antenna harness. Steering wheel controls all work, BT phone integration was super easy although initial call volume seems high.

The more I drive this thing the more I like it compared to my '02 Grand Cherokee Limited, I might have to find an '09 Avalanche as a start for a new build....

Anyway, Rosen head unit installed (still waiting for the 12V receptacle covers) and button repair decals installed (happy with them too).
20161124_162822.jpg

Tahoe LTZ custom splash screen thanks to Walt at ADC Mobile (I bought the library access from Walt even though I got the unit from Amazon)
20161124_162846.jpg

JK

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting the Tahoe ready for a road trip. The brakes buck and pulsate and I get vibes at 65MPH that get exponentially worse with speed. Vibes aggravate me and I don't want the girls to get car sick from 10+ hours of jittering. I could have just had the rotors turned but I have that "may as well" mentality. I had cryogenically-tempered Power Slots and Hawk pads on my S10 since 2004 and never once had brake fade or shaking no matter how hard I was on them. (Yes, I'm avoiding using the term "warped rotors" because it's incorrect). So, the Tahoe got the same treatment with Stop Tech slotted cryo rotors and Hawk LTS pads. I had the wheels/tires rebalanced at Sam's club for $3.88 each :waytogo:. It was 500 miles from being due for an oil change and rotation, so that was done as well. I went with the longer Wix filter and Pennzoil Platinum this time. It actually seems to idle more smoothly now.

I bled out all the old brake fluid instead of just a basic bleeding. I even cycled the key multiple times while pumping to activate the ABS solenoids. I got to the last corner (front left) and the pedal suddenly started feeling differently. It wouldn't firm up and the air bubbles never subsided. After fighting with it and researching similar issues for about 2 hours (to no avail), I hauled ass to O'Reily to get a new master cylinder. I suspected this was the culprit because the back seemed to bleed just fine but the front wouldn't. That got everything acting right again. I torqued on the wheels (80 then 140ft-lbs) and went for a test drive/brake bedding. I'd say the vibes are at least 90% gone (hard to tell on our dipped and wavy roads). They're now much less at 80MPH than they originally were at 65MPH, so I'm very satisfied. The brakes have notably more bite but the pedal travel feels about the same as before. My next phase of brake upgrades will be the same parts for the rear, stainless braided hoses all around and I'll have a dealership bleed them with their TechII to ensure the ABS/traction control modules are clear of air.

9CEE9C96-D960-44A2-BBC6-7CE49FD565CA_zps9m4lls2n.jpg
I tried to get those rotors also and ended up with just a left rotor. Amazon sucks sometimes. Im not waiting for a right side hopefully it gets to me before winters over. Please update how you like them.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I tried to get those rotors also and ended up with just a left rotor. Amazon sucks sometimes. Im not waiting for a right side hopefully it gets to me before winters over. Please update how you like them.
What side do you need? I have a extra RR cryo rotor. I been having problems with augoanything and they sent me 2 left rears. They finally sent me a right rear and few days later another right rear. Apparently for some reason the right rear is always showing nis and shipping a kit a month out. Let me know if you want it

btw. These rotors, along with Ss lines new calipers and centric pads are freaking amazing. The pedal is so firm, there is literally no pedal travel when pressed. Stops on a dime. The feeling is like pumping the brakes with the truck off and the pedal is super frim

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I forget which rotor I got from where, but one side wasn't available from autoanything. I bought the one they had and ordered the other from Amazon (was the last one available according to their site). I bought the pads from Amazon as well. I couldn't wait for anything to be back in stock since I needed everything before my road trip. I can tell they bite more, but the pedal feel is pretty much just as it was before with the stock stuff. This may be due to the stock rubber flex lines. My S10 had the same setup but also had braided stainless flex lines. The pedal feel was great but was incredible once I installed the hydraboost. It got rid of the typical GM squishy pedal feel. I'm not hydraboosting the Tahoe, but I will use braided stainless flex hoses when I do the rotors and pads on the rear. For now, I'm just satisfied with not having the shaking/rattling/bucking when braking.

What side do you need? I have a extra RR cryo rotor. I been having problems with augoanything and they sent me 2 left rears. They finally sent me a right rear and few days later another right rear. Apparently for some reason the right rear is always showing nis and shipping a kit a month out. Let me know if you want it

btw. These rotors, along with Ss lines new calipers and centric pads are freaking amazing. The pedal is so firm, there is literally no pedal travel when pressed. Stops on a dime. The feeling is like pumping the brakes with the truck off and the pedal is super frim

If "phase 2" of my brake upgrades was in my budget, I'd be getting that spare rotor from you. But the rears and SS flex hoses will have to wait due to bigger priorities. I'm glad to know what I can expect once all is done, though!

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Im having trouble getting the front right rotor.
I brought akebono pads btw. I cant stand the dust with the hawks anymore.

How much you want for the right rear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigchad1