What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rear is just capped off on each side the front has the crossover pipe that goes under the throttle body and on the left side there is a inlet for the small hose to the radiator
the 6.0 may be slightly different as far the inlet on the gmt800's it comes in from the left side with a longer pipe on my 6.2 it's a short pipe
View attachment 429129
Thanks for the visual confirmation.

The setup on my 5.3 LMG looks identical, and is how it would be hooked up in my 2014. Part of me wants to just reuse the existing part from my 5.3, as I'm going to pull the heads off during engine removal to get to the bell-housing bolts.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cleaned mine and used new gaskets I got from NAPA for around $0.10 each.

I think the Dorman kit comes with both the plate- and O-ring style gaskets. But I pass a NAPA every day and these were dirt cheap.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been on here. Hi everyone :)

Just changed my oil 257,570 miles and counting. I think I might shorten my intervals to 2500 miles.
I did notice my inner tie rod boots are tearing so looks like I'll be replacing them sooner than later. That was the only thing I didn't replace when I did my front end, and that was about years ago.

And I'm debating about lifting my Tahoe to make this process easier for me, it's a project to do a simple oil change. I just like how it looks lowered and the ease of entry/egress.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was trying to spit polish the engine bay after cleaning all the doors and door jambs and proceeded to break both the windshield wiper fluid hoses off of the shroud, thought I had only broke one but discovered otherwise after fixing one, luckily dorman came to the rescue, guess it's time to order a new shroud if they are even made anymore View attachment 428821View attachment 428822View attachment 428823

I just got bit in the ass by this. Here is what the parts underneath look like.

IMG_6892.jpegIMG_6893.jpegIMG_6894.jpegIMG_6895.jpegIMG_6896.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84

Latest posts