What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
haah! I think that particular sub is about 8 years old, maybe more and it's been beat on hard. it's sister went out about 4 years ago. Hard to beat a jl
My '05 Bose system still, is original..... Sounds OK for me...sub seems fine... The only mod would be an equalizer, ... mainly for the shrill peaks. I wish I could dial out that annoying sound.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '05 Bose system still, is original..... Sounds OK for me...sub seems fine... The only mod would be an equalizer, ... mainly for the shrill peaks. I wish I could dial out that annoying sound.
this is a car audio sub that's been getting over powered for 8 years+, just looked at the box which is faded, they have a new "version" for now and it's +$300 more than this one was. $850 is a cash deal I talked the shop into otherwise it's $899+ tax. I paid around $600 last time. It might even be more like 10-14 years old. just never a good time to have to drop $850 on car audio lol o'well

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is a car audio sub that's been getting over powered for 8 years+, just looked at the box which is faded, they have a new "version" for now and it's +$300 more than this one was. $850 is a cash deal I talked the shop into otherwise it's $899+ tax. I paid around $600 last time. It might even be more like 10-14 years old. just never a good time to have to drop $850 on car audio lol o'well
yea.... I decided to leave my stock Bose system alone ( I did replace my 4 door speakers with Infinity speakers... Seems to sound better... If / when my system dies, then I'll step up on a new head unit, and everything else. ( probably looking at around $1,500 + bucks )
But, I'll be investing on my Yukon.... I am not selling it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea.... I decided to leave my stock Bose system alone ( I did replace my 4 door speakers with Infinity speakers... Seems to sound better... If / when my system dies, then I'll step up on a new head unit, and everything else. ( probably looking at around $1,500 + bucks )
But, I'll be investing on my Yukon.... I am not selling it.
I like the sound of the jl's so downgrading is not a option, that would be like going from a v8 to a v4 shitbox :hahano:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't HAVE to drop money on car audio, the sweet sound of the engine growling is music to my ears

lol
I don't really either I gotta rob the scrooge mcduck part of me, no bass = no fun
it takes me so long to save money, but house prices don't seem to be budging much so a little pinch won't hurt to bad I guess
I won't have to make the family eat cup-o-noodles for a week haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksheepstuntz