What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New headlight housings arrived this afternoon. During my recent vehicle inspection-they made note of the haziness in my originals so looks like I got a project for tomorrow morning...Ahh, coffee and gas fumes in the garage-is there anything better to start the day? :drink_nl:
******* and beer?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New headlight housings arrived this afternoon. During my recent vehicle inspection-they made note of the haziness in my originals so looks like I got a project for tomorrow morning...Ahh, coffee and gas fumes in the garage-is there anything better to start the day? :drink_nl:

You got your game plan on? You have those headlights out before? Know some tricks. Unbolt the front inner fenders, pop out the bumper sides from the body. use a thumb drive ratchet for the bottom 10MM bolts. All you have to do is loosen them, not remove them. The mounting tabs are slotted so it will slide out.

You can use painters tape on top of the bumper if you are worried about scratching it. Then the top 2 bolts. Massage it out. Been a while since I did it so I could be missing a step. Removing the whole bumper is overkill for this project imho.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info..... Honestly, I don't see the cost for a little bit better?
If my Yukon would accelerate easier with less peddle, I would ponder the thought.
I was taught to use the peddle correctly.

As @RooTBeeRthe1st mentioned, most of the gains are with the transmission tuning. The throttle tuning is crap and the shifting is slow and weak- so much that it affects trans life. If you drive easy, it's not such a big deal. But trying to drive more spiritedly (shooting a gap, having to accelerate quickly for a short merge lane, etc.) is where the pitfalls really show. You eventually adapt to it and become desensitized and alter your driving to wait for a large gap or take another route because you already know that you can't always rely on it doing what you want when you mash the pedal. The 6L80s kill themselves quickly for those that do a lot of city driving.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Thanks for the info..... Honestly, I don't see the cost for a little bit better?
If my Yukon would accelerate easier with less peddle, I would ponder the thought.
I was taught to use the peddle correctly.

I get better gas mileage with the 6.2 settings.
I don't need to shift down nearly as often, and i just run at low rpm.

I love this setup for the "Cruising" role.
Just comfortable, cold AC in the summer, and heated seats in the winter.
I really don't speed in the Tahoe, I just like it to be effortless.

Last edited:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Them arrr bright.

Yarr!
Valentine No GIF by LOWLIVES (GIF Image)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia