What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see where peddler hill is, probably about the same distance
the pin is peddler hill, the W is where bearvalley is, the star is a campground I go to way down in a valley by the mokelumne river
View attachment 365050
I figured you were going up 4. My mom lived in Angels Camp for many years until a stroke got her in 2007.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Train horn would scared him shitless
I have considered getting one more than a couple times, lol
I have a police horn setup, that i would of course not use except the one tone that it makes (not a siren), it's more of a whaaap sound hard to explain but it's there warning tone, very loud I have a way to wire up so it only can make the one tone but it's shelved for a project another day, the horn weighs about 30lbs super heavy duty.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have thought about putting a train horn on my bagged Silverado. I’m running around with 7 gallons of air at 200 PSI which would really work good for that. But in reality I’d probably end up getting shot so it’s a no go. They’re so fu*king rude lol. Funny for you, not so much for them.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I figured it was a better idea to just stay behind them instead of escalating it, glad I don't have a push bar on the truck or I might have just said **** it and pushed him the ditch. then of course I would have been the one in trouble.
I realize every situation and driver is different. But I've had something like this happen to me twice. Both times, as I approached an intersection, I hit my turn signal and slowed like I was going to turn. Both times, they took the bait and turned to stay in front of me, whereupon I went straight on my merry way, never to see them again. I guess it could be seen as escalation. But if it ever came down to it, the move is entirely defensible (I though that was my turn, but I realized it wasn't).

Regardless, it puts them far enough behind that they seem to give up (at least mine did both times). Maybe it gives them enough time to reconsider their stupidity.

Glad you kept your cool and didn't escalate. Dash cams make legal retribution a lot easier. But they record both sides.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Train horn would scared him shitless

I agree. Here I've thought for many years how lame and unnecessary train horns are. Like WTFs the point? But in this situation I see where it could have perhaps helped.

Most of the "mod" threads on this forum are geared towards suspension, wheel/tire, and the occasional power mods.

Meanwhile we should be considering much more CYA mods; Dashcams, lighting, horns, grille guards/bull guards, lock'er down gun safe/holsters in our rigs, etc.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You guys are nuts if you think train horns are a good idea in a road rage incident. The kind of person to drive the way they did is an unhinged one. That dude was NOT going to lose, even if it meant killing someone.
I agree and have seen things like that before. I explained to Heidi that was one of the reasons I wanted my speed limiter removed. In case I had to make an interstate run to get away from an idiot. That said…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700