What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bezos fckd up and sent me two broken manifold bolt "fix kits" when I ordered 1.(BOGO?)
And a grease fitting that hopefully fits my ball joints on my new LCAs... stupid front axles in the way...
Also grabbed a passenger rear broken bolt fix kit arrived even though that bolts not broken yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20210928_174835242~2.jpg
    IMG_20210928_174835242~2.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 4

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not today, but over the course of the weekend. Put 567 miles on 'er going to Pasadena for my grandma's 80th birthday party. Bombed around between the hotel, her church (party was in their event hall), restaurants, aunt's house, etc. Averaged 21.1 MPG over the whole trip. I didn't do much city driving since everyone and everything is within a ~10-mile radius. My only complaints about the Tahoe are a possible blown front left door speaker and that growling aspirator fan.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO area

Dammit. I've been tempted to get a spare set of trim pieces to paint or wrap then swap into mine. But shipping costs would make it not worth it unless those trim pieces were cheap. Whatcha looking to get for 'em?

slowride77

Reaction score
Dammit. I've been tempted to get a spare set of trim pieces to paint or wrap then swap into mine. But shipping costs would make it not worth it unless those trim pieces were cheap. Whatcha looking to get for 'em?
Well….I wouldn’t say cheap. I have the whole set listed online for over $400, but that’s a best offer auction. That’s about what I see them going for, so I figured I would start around there. Shipping is probably $40-$50 for the box they are in. I would throw them on here in the classifieds but I don’t have the 100 posts.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 90° grease gun fittings so I could actually Grease the lower ball joints. Worked like a charm!
And as for that broken manifold bolt fix, there is very little room to get any fingers or anything in there, but I got that stupid thing on there after fighting with it and dropping the bolts and bracket many, many many times.
Apparently the sound that I thought was an exhaust leak has been the injectors the whole time anyway, not that there wasn't a tiny leak on the manifold, just not the noise I thought I was hearing.
Oh well, the bracket is on there now and it will live there until that engine comes out.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep an eye out at your local pull-a-part. My LKQ has had a couple (literally, two) of GMT900s in the past month. I scored some spare trim pieces and a non-Denali forward bin for about $50.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Question for the 900 series brain trust; do any of this series display actual tire pressures from the TPMS? My low spec DICless cluster tells me which tire(s) are low, but not the actual pressures. Actuals would be a valuable feature for me, since half the time I’m driving aired down with the warning light lit.
If that feature exists, where would I find it? Higher trim level cluster; later year model?

Thanks for your expertise!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for the 900 series brain trust; do any of this series display actual tire pressures from the TPMS? My low spec DICless cluster tells me which tire(s) are low, but not the actual pressures. Actuals would be a valuable feature for me, since half the time I’m driving aired down with the warning light lit.
If that feature exists, where would I find it? Higher trim level cluster; later year model?

Thanks for your expertise!
Using the DIC mine will display the actual pressures. They match a good gauge pretty well.