What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
i have a mapp gas plumbers torch, works great for things like that.
Gets hot enough to get a mild glow on the exhaust.

Old trick i use to do was to do a short sprint on the freeway for like 10min.
Then jump under there and pop the o2 sensors loose/off.
Trick there was to get some good load, load being the important part for them getting actually hot.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The operation was a success and the patient is resting comfortably with four new O2 sensors.

No big glitches I did use the aerosol kroil on top of the WD40 and the pipes on both sides of the cats were hot when applied. Frankly, the clips and push fasteners were as much fiddling as removing the sensors themselves.

The new sensors came with anti-seize on the threads and I chased each bung’s thread with a little adapter that came with my cheapo sensor socket set, so hopefully when the time comes and they need replacing again (which I assume will be sooner than this go around), it will be similarly painless. Actually the biggest pain was the sand getting knocked off the frame and falling into my eyes. I know, I know, safety glasses...

That is all... :)

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The operation was a success and the patient is resting comfortably with four new O2 sensors.

No big glitches I did use the aerosol kroil on top of the WD40 and the pipes on both sides of the cats were hot when applied. Frankly, the clips and push fasteners were as much fiddling as removing the sensors themselves.

The new sensors came with anti-seize on the threads and I chased each bung’s thread with a little adapter that came with my cheapo sensor socket set, so hopefully when the time comes and they need replacing again (which I assume will be sooner than this go around), it will be similarly painless. Actually the biggest pain was the sand getting knocked off the frame and falling into my eyes. I know, I know, safety glasses...

That is all... :)

Yeah man good job!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon