What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crawl under and give the starter a light tap with a hammer and see if she starts... if she does the brushes are probably getting stuck so it would be time for either a rebuild or replacement...

That brings back memories. I had a 1976 impala that had a starter that would hang-up once in awhile and no money to replace it for a while so I carried an old night stick that I would use to reach under the car with and hit the starter a few times and it would pop off. Kept in my trunk even after getting it fixed and getting different cars. Not sure how many people I helped by rapping their starter with that thing.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crawl under and give the starter a light tap with a hammer and see if she starts... if she does the brushes are probably getting stuck so it would be time for either a rebuild or replacement...
The old words of wisdom live on... Told a guy about this to get his fired up one time... told him to hit it with a hammer, 10 minutes later I hear ping ping ping... super light taps... I said boy you better put some nuts in that swing... low and behold 2 hard hits and fired up... some things in life you can hit hard.... a starter with a hammer is one of them.... Other one is pink.....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried to do a cleaned install and wire up my heated steering wheel the other day and its not working. Ended up cutting off the plug at the end of the clockspring(the one that goes into the harness for gm trucks that where equipped with heated wheels) and running ground and power. I used this to try get power from the side fuse box, but got nothing.

View attachment 236382
did you try looking at the upfitter guide to find the right wires?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. First I'll check the battery terminals, because that's easiest and could be what's been plaguing a bunch of my electrical stuff lately. If that doesn't do the trick I'll wack the starter...

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne