What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how many it needs. Im trying to do a clean install just in case i need to do a quick unconnect and connect
there may be a connector taped up to another harness down below the steering column I was watching a video on how to add one on my 18 Silverado and there was a connector it was just taped up to another harness.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used it to haul five passengers to the state fair last night. It drove nicely and the brakes were smooth and responsive. I could really feel the extra weight when changing lanes or turning at speed. All clear signs of blown shocks and dead ALC system. Just gives me more to look forward to after lowering it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used it to haul five passengers to the state fair last night. It drove nicely and the brakes were smooth and responsive. I could really feel the extra weight when changing lanes or turning at speed. All clear signs of blown shocks and dead ALC system. Just gives me more to look forward to after lowering it.
Have you checked to see if the air bags are blown? If I remember right, you’re interested in removing autoride? I love the auto leveling in mine after lowering, it keeps it from rubbing no matter how many people are in it even though I don’t have much clearance to the fenders.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the Suburban back up on jack stands this morning. Removed the driver side sway bar bushing and gave it a good glob of grease. Went to remove the passengers side and one of the bolts will not budge. Rather it wants to round off. Tried a 6 point and 12 point deep socket and had a look at some vice grips. NOPE!! The sockets want to round off the head and the vice grip is not really going to work due to limited spacing.

Any further thoughts on getting that bolt to move without making the head into a marble??

As I was messing around on the passenger side, I think I found my clunking issue.

The passenger side stabilizer bar link bushing is gone! I guess I overlooked it in my hurry or maybe it finally just popped off.

Missing bushing under the sway bar.
wBmYEKiISV65lFaPAC+uhw.jpg

Sway bar bushing bolt wanting to round off the head. 10mm.
KVt56XR8RiimpQrLzflsnw.jpg

Also removed and greased the rear sway bar bushings as well.

Here are the stabilizer bar link kits I am looking at. Moog Problem Solver which is what I put on the Tahoe.

Moog K700538 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit
https://www.amazon.com/Moog-K700538...2?keywords=K700538+moog&qid=1572793274&sr=8-2

Here is the Moog site link.
https://www.moogparts.com/find-my-p...rban 1500&values=2013~Chevrolet~Suburban 1500

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the Suburban back up on jack stands this morning. Removed the driver side sway bar bushing and gave it a good glob of grease. Went to remove the passengers side and one of the bolts will not budge. Rather it wants to round off. Tried a 6 point and 12 point deep socket and had a look at some vice grips. NOPE!! The sockets want to round off the head and the vice grip is not really going to work due to limited spacing.

Any further thoughts on getting that bolt to move without making the head into a marble??

As I was messing around on the passenger side, I think I found my clunking issue.

The passenger side stabilizer bar link bushing is gone! I guess I overlooked it in my hurry or maybe it finally just popped off.

View attachment 233660

View attachment 233661

Here are the stabilizer bar link kits I am looking at. Moog Problem Solver which is what I put on the Tahoe.

https://www.amazon.com/Moog-K700538...2?keywords=K700538+moog&qid=1572793274&sr=8-2

https://www.moogparts.com/find-my-p...rban 1500&values=2013~Chevrolet~Suburban 1500
That sucks about the bolt. Maybe try a little heat? I’m sure you have a propane torch? Not sure if that’s enough to get it, but that’s what I’d try next.. if that doesn’t work, time for the sawzall.. those are the same Moogs I put on the Yukon. Happy with them. [emoji106]

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh crap you’re going to have to hammer on a 12-pt socket after heating the shit out of that bolt. I have a Port-A-Torch oxyacetylene kit that will get it cherry red but a long time with propane may work too. Find a 12-pt that is just a tad smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 233660

View attachment 233661

https://www.moogparts.com/find-my-part/find-my-part-results.html?parttype=SUSPENSION&apptype=AUTOMOTIVE&options=2013~Chevrolet~Suburban 1500&values=2013~Chevrolet~Suburban 1500
Probably time for a drill bit and easy out on that bolt after a good soak with PB Blaster and maybe heat like Sam said. Those end links are a common failure due to a ****** design, they trap and hold water. The Problem Solver line is there because GM has a problem with some of their designs lol. Good choice.
Edit: you might want to look into some sway bar bushings with grease fittings like the poly ones at Energy Suspension so you never have to remove those bolts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmen_1217