What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Well- after more back and fourth I’m not doing an afm delete. Just getting a new long block that doesnt have afm, and its got a ‘step up cam’ for towing. Gonna have that replaced next week, have it tuned, and then I have to drive down to SoCal. Should be fun. Kinda down to the wire though.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once you have the pan out you can add a drain dorman sells a kit
https://www.ebay.com/itm/392295281380

On my last truck I just drilled and welded in a bung I bought off the rack at the local car parts place. It came with a gasketed bolt, just like OEM. Simple. Worked great.

The one you linked protrudes above the bottom of the pan, so it doesn't fully empty. If fluid still dumps out when I remove the pan, there's no point in the drain. And that nut doesn't appear to be a locking nut. If it vibrates loose, you leak fluid. If the plug has enough removal torque to overcome the retention torque of the nut, it spins, rendering it useless. It's a no for me.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my last truck I just drilled and welded in a bung I bought off the rack at the local car parts place. It came with a gasketed bolt, just like OEM. Simple. Worked great.

The one you linked protrudes above the bottom of the pan, so it doesn't fully empty. If fluid still dumps out when I remove the pan, there's no point in the drain. And that nut doesn't appear to be a locking nut. If it vibrates loose, you leak fluid. If the plug has enough removal torque to overcome the retention torque of the nut, it spins, rendering it useless. It's a no for me.
Point taken, it has a drain bolt with a o-ring like a oil pan drain bolt which is smaller so it won't over torque the larger part of the adapter, not everyone has a welder :) it's a slow seller but no complaints from anyone.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...not everyone has a welder :) ...
What!?! If you don't have a welder, you should at least get a weldor (a friend who welds).

I wasn't saying it's bad. It's just not for me. I'd like it better if it used a prevailing-torque lock nut to keep it from loosening. You can't use thread locker, either. It'll make the sealing washer crack. Don't ask me how I know that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar