What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, hard to explain unless you can see it in person!! As for the arrows, I don't have those built into the mirror but would still love to have those as well as the strips in the housing, both would look pretty cool together!
I love the mod, I was on the fence with how it looked with the single strip but I absolutely love how the double turned out!! Just wish I had a good camera that could take good night videos, the video makes it all look like crap but it looks pretty cool in person!

Last edited:

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I gotcha now. Looks awesome.

Do you not have the built-in lights in the mirror? Maybe that's why I was confused. In my mirrors, there is an arrow-shapped led turn signal built into the mirror itself. I thought that's what you were trying to modify. You're actually lighting up the entire housing, which is pretty slick...

Certain yes i think 03 and under aren't equipped with turn signal mirrors.. So ya gotta mod um in!!!

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got one step closer to completing my interior leds by getting the steering wheel controls done. Next step I think will be to get the caddy cluster I have sitting around converted over, programmed and installed.

2011-11-26_13-27-46_379.jpg

screamin86

Reaction score
Looks good I'd like to do that but change all of mine to red like how my pontiacs are. Need to read on how to do it one of these days.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted up a couple videos about the LED mirror mod, one is an attempt at showing and explaining why I went with 2 LED's in one housing and the other is a video of the lights from in the drivers seat during the daytime! When the weather gets good again in a day or 2, I'll try to make a few how to videos of the steps to doing this mod since I've had a few folks on here asking questions on how to do it for their trucks!

Explaination of the 2 LED strips:

http://youtu.be/oLlNiIayrhc

View of lights during the day from the drivers seat:

http://youtu.be/uhpzeUoz93Q

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posted up a couple videos about the LED mirror mod, one is an attempt at showing and explaining why I went with 2 LED's in one housing and the other is a video of the lights from in the drivers seat during the daytime! When the weather gets good again in a day or 2, I'll try to make a few how to videos of the steps to doing this mod since I've had a few folks on here asking questions on how to do it for their trucks!

Looks pretty good during the day as well. Great mod Chris. lmao

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score

http://youtu.be/oLlNiIayrhc

http://youtu.be/uhpzeUoz93Q

Chris,

Did you keep all of the mirror adjustment movement, or do the LED's get in the way of that all? I'm digging this little mod, and it looks pretty easy to do.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris,

Did you keep all of the mirror adjustment movement, or do the LED's get in the way of that all? I'm digging this little mod, and it looks pretty easy to do.

I have full range of the mirror lens because I figured out how thick the mirror lens was and also how far into the mirror it traveled and then stuck the LED's an 1/8" farther in there so that way the mirror will never hit them! The front of the LED's are 1 1/8" in from the outer edge of the mirror housing, that's just what i figured would work for mine! And yes, it's pretty easy to do!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, just out of curiosity ... is there no aftermarket mirror lens for NBS mirrors that emulates the NNBS lenses with the leds already in them?

Cause if not that's a business startup idea right there. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albethere

Latest posts