What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
A high fluid level is a....... concern......
But your description seems familiar..... Nearly like what I had in my 700r4.... A sticking valve, ..that I solved when I re-adjusted the Throttle Valve cable, that is attached to the throttle movement.

( The spring pressured valve, that is supposed to 'move' as per your acceleration, to adjust the pressure. ( Too low pressure, it can seem like a neutral..... Revving the engine, "moves" the valve and temporally "un-sticks" the valve.....
( Just a thought)
Since it's dbw I don't think I can adjust it. Can I? Can I get to this valve? I know 0 about transmissions. Maybe if I get the fluid level correct?

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since it's dbw I don't think I can adjust it. Can I? Can I get to this valve? I know 0 about transmissions. Maybe if I get the fluid level correct?
I have no clue if my description was helpful, since I know nutt'n about newer transmissions....

Experiment by lowering the fluid? Check the level again to see if it changed? Careful lowering it, and then it gets too low??

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are symptoms of a failing torque converter? Most times putting it in gear, it's fine--but sometimes if I stop then go, or turn around a corner, it'll feel like it's in neutral. Sometimes I have to put it all the way in park, then drive and it'll be OK. The other day it felt like it went into neutral, so I revved it, then I heard and felt a thunk--going into gear I guess, then it was fine. There's no rhyme or reason that it happens--just randomly. I think it happens mostly when it's still cold. No weird smells, fluid level is good. Fluid level isn't bright red/punk, but it's not burned either. Trans doesn't run hot either--I have the Esky trans cluster. Anyone have any idea? I was thinking of changing pan fluid then throwing some Lucas in it.View attachment 423527
Shows a little over filled. Would that cause my issues?
I have what I think might be a similar condition. When I come to a stop sign and then immediately give it gas, it's like the trans takes a second to catch up to the RPM's on the truck. Otherwise it drives just fine. I'm wondering if my downshift solenoid needs to be replaced, so something you might look into...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have what I think might be a similar condition. When I come to a stop sign and then immediately give it gas, it's like the trans takes a second to catch up to the RPM's on the truck. Otherwise it drives just fine. I'm wondering if my downshift solenoid needs to be replaced, so something you might look into...
Would that set a code?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have no clue if my description was helpful, since I know nutt'n about newer transmissions....

Experiment by lowering the fluid? Check the level again to see if it changed? Careful lowering it, and then it gets too low??
I'm definitely going to pull out the excess fluid. Hopefully that'll do something.

Roilux

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I 're-replaced' lightbulbs in the climate control unit. This is the second time around as I soldered in LED bulbs the first time. The LEDs didn't play nice with the rest of the dash lights. I would get illumination fluctuations while driving in the instrument cluster and other dash lights. They were also considerably brighter than the original blue tinted bulbs compared to the remaining dash lights.

Photos: LEDs, ready for OEM bulbs, finished.

blue_lights.jpg

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time shift in to 1st and see if it still slips. My understanding is by manually shifting different solenoids are used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879