What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Replaced climate control in the hoe. This company sells you one and you send in your core, comes with lifetime warranty.

Automotive Scientific
I ordered one from them and the one I received looked beat up. I returned it and got my money back. How did yours turn out?

Roilux

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you find replacements?
Ebay. I went with these as I was able to remove and reuse the center cap.

This listing includes a center cap but the finish of the flaps wasn't desirable.

If you go with the first listing, the center cap's 'heat welds' can be slightly drilled out from the backside to allow the cap to pop off without breaking its connecting pieces. Add a dab of adhesive upon reassembly and it's done.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered one from them and the one I received looked beat up. I returned it and got my money back. How did yours turn out?
Almost flawless, my old one had a chip on one of the buttons so I came out with a better one in the deal.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What are symptoms of a failing torque converter? Most times putting it in gear, it's fine--but sometimes if I stop then go, or turn around a corner, it'll feel like it's in neutral. Sometimes I have to put it all the way in park, then drive and it'll be OK. The other day it felt like it went into neutral, so I revved it, then I heard and felt a thunk--going into gear I guess, then it was fine. There's no rhyme or reason that it happens--just randomly. I think it happens mostly when it's still cold. No weird smells, fluid level is good. Fluid level isn't bright red/punk, but it's not burned either. Trans doesn't run hot either--I have the Esky trans cluster. Anyone have any idea? I was thinking of changing pan fluid then throwing some Lucas in it.20240312_161128.jpg
Shows a little over filled. Would that cause my issues?

Last edited:

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are symptoms of a failing torque converter? Most times putting it in gear, it's fine--but sometimes if I stop then go, or turn around a corner, it'll feel like it's in neutral. Sometimes I have to put it all the way in park, then drive and it'll be OK. The other day it felt like it went into neutral, so I revved it, then I heard and felt a thunk--going into gear I guess, then it was fine. There's no rhyme or reason that it happens--just randomly. I think it happens mostly when it's still cold. No weird smells, fluid level is good. Fluid level isn't bright red/punk, but it's not burned either. Trans doesn't run hot either--I have the Esky trans cluster. Anyone have any idea? I was thinking of changing pan fluid then throwing some Lucas in it.View attachment 423527
Shows a little over filled. Would that cause my issues?
A high fluid level is a....... concern......
But your description seems familiar..... Nearly like what I had in my 700r4.... A sticking valve, ..that I solved when I re-adjusted the Throttle Valve cable, that is attached to the throttle movement.

( The spring pressured valve, that is supposed to 'move' as per your acceleration, to adjust the pressure. ( Too low pressure, it can seem like a neutral..... Revving the engine, "moves" the valve and temporally "un-sticks" the valve.....
( Just a thought)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19