What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hickman92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Started on the sound deadener for the audio upgrade, realized the stock speaker were trashed. And then stopped after getting pissed off that both rear door panels were broken. Seriously is it that hard to take door panels off correctly?

Attachments

• IMG_2143 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_2143 Medium.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 5

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's not a lot of performance parts--if any for the 8.1. There was a guy with an obs that did the 8.1 swap. Iirc, he also had the 4l80.
Yes, I've seen that.

I'm not too concerned about off the shelf performance parts. More about towing power. 300 lb/ft at 800rpm and 500 lb/ft around 3000, the 8.1 in stock form will be miles ahead. If I ever want more performance I'll have Oregon cam do a custom grind and I'll port the heads myself, but I don't see it any time soon.

Also, I'm rocking an NV4500 as of about 4k miles ago, which has been killer.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably salvageable, but if I've got to pull the heads anyway I'm going to just pull the motor. I've been having some issues with the self adjusting clutch anyway, so we'll get two birds stoned at once, and it will give me good access to really check everything over and decide if I want to replace the piston.

If it was a junk yard motor or had a bunch of miles I'd probably just change one valve and spring, but with the motor being otherwise new I want to be sure it's all good when I use it again.

And with the amount I tow, the 6.0 even with upgrades just isnt cutting it.
Supercharge it!

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started on the sound deadener for the audio upgrade, realized the stock speaker were trashed. And then stopped after getting pissed off that both rear door panels were broken. Seriously is it that hard to take door panels off correctly?
You anywhere near Texas? I might could fix you up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts