What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, these measure 11.5" across the tread and are 32.8" tall. My fender to ground measurements are 36" in front and 37.5" in the rear. There's only the slightest bit of rubbing on the drivers front where the washer bottle sits.

project_x

Reaction score
Weird, these measure 11.5" across the tread and are 32.8" tall. My fender to ground measurements are 36" in front and 37.5" in the rear. There's only the slightest bit of rubbing on the drivers front where the washer bottle sits.
I will measure mine tonight...i don't have any rubbing

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have pictures you can share? I've been thinking about doing this in my truck.
when i did this years and years ago (ive lost all them pics in a pc crash) you buy a battery tray that fits up in the pass side at the fire wall, ( you need to remove the brace in that corner too. it never goes back on) get one longer battery stud for the original battery for the pos post, run a new bat cable from pos to pos. i ran mine across the top of the rad and zip tied it to the harness there already, then run a short neg cable to the engine block.

man i paid like 70 bucks for this damn thing back in 04 at the dealership lol

from the looks of this listing, you may need to buy the wedge and bolt that holds the battery in tight.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
when i did this years and years ago (ive lost all them pics in a pc crash) you buy a battery tray that fits up in the pass side at the fire wall, ( you need to remove the brace in that corner too. it never goes back on) get one longer battery stud for the original battery for the pos post, run a new bat cable from pos to pos. i ran mine across the top of the rad and zip tied it to the harness there already, then run a short neg cable to the engine block.

man i paid like 70 bucks for this damn thing back in 04 at the dealership lol

from the looks of this listing, you may need to buy the wedge and bolt that holds the battery in tight.

When I bought my 03, it came with the passenger side battery tray already installed. I thought they all came with it installed whether it was optioned with the 2nd battery or not. Strange. What advantages does having a 2nd battery? I don't have any serious current draws--cranking power?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 03, it came with the passenger side battery tray already installed. I thought they all came with it installed whether it was optioned with the 2nd battery or not. Strange. What advantages does having a 2nd battery? I don't have any serious current draws--cranking power?
i only did the extra battery cause id seen other plow trucks set up like that. and their plows all moved faster. one battery when when moving the plow the volt gauge would just drop to almost nothing, every light would dim too. you'd hear the plow motor get slower. (most are really just a starter motor turning a pump) with two it hardly ever dropped past 10 volts. and it ran dare i say, double speed almost.

truck i did this to was a 2500HD 4x4 with a snow plow prep package. you'd think they would just come that way. all the diesels back then did tho. i dont recall seeing two in a few friends duramax trucks tho. i dont see any reason to do this other then a large battery draw. like maybe some huge amps, or a salt spreader/plow.

project_x

Reaction score
Do you have pictures you can share? I've been thinking about doing this in my truck.
I will take some as soon as the rain stops.
I bought the OEM batter tray off Amazon and the Vevor automatic dual battery kit off of eBay. Very simple to install, I bought split loom to cover all the power wire.

About $100 plus the battery. I had a crimper for shortening the power lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n