What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought all 4 bump stops.... ( One rear fell out).... I want to use my mechanic's lift to clean/ install them, sometime soon..... But until then, yesterday, I watched the INDY car race, in my garage, and, since the weather temperature is 'livable' now, in south Florida, I did my semi-annual exterior detail to my '05. Then put it to bed..... What an amazing truck.... 171,000 miles and still like new !!
Besides the exterior is clean, .... I also cleaned the under hood insulation. Using a spray bottle with water & a damp terry cloth towel.

Attachments

• Yukon under hood cleaned-front.jpg
    Yukon under hood cleaned-front.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 10

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought all 4 bump stops.... ( One rear fell out).... I want to use my mechanic's lift to clean/ install them, sometime soon..... But until then, yesterday, I watched the INDY car race, in my garage, and, since the weather temperature is 'livable' now, in south Florida, I did my semi-annual exterior detail to my '05. Then put it to bed..... What an amazing truck.... 171,000 miles and still like new !!
Gorgeous truck, and I love the garage!

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous Indeed! How do you like those tail lights? Bright enough during the day? Regular incandescent bulbs in the brake and turns?

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous Indeed! How do you like those tail lights? Bright enough during the day? Regular incandescent bulbs in the brake and turns?
The red is more clear, so the stock bulbs are brighter than they were, inside the stock housing. The stock backup bulbs inside the 'better' reflector design, is VERY bright. I didn't need LED...
The only thing is this housing is sort of a 'Ford' look.....

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That garage deeper than my wenches throat!!!:Big Laugh:

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually, 6 inches between bumper & door when closed, with a foot from back wall. ( I have a wall bumper just in case,,,,,, if I was drunk. .... ( truth be told.... I have never driven drunk - ever ):happy160:
Interesting. I can see how folks get catfished!! That one pic of the truck backed in looks like you have 2-3 ft in front of space. Been a long work day so I could be seeing things wrong

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Rock Auto.... Rears are Dorman ' premium' ( # AB90660PR ). Fronts are ' Genuine GM' ( # 15153958 ). I am replacing the fronts, even though they look good, I consider the age of the weird material. ( All from Rock Auto )
Did the fronts about 6 years ago. Today, did the rears with OEM from partscenterplus on eBay. I've bought from them quite a bit for OEM stuff.

Waiting on FedEx with my repaired Mechman - voltage regulator was "damaged". I'll put that in and then give a test drive. Don't expect to observe anything, since these are really bump stops and _shouldn't_ be hitting unless massive suspension travel.

IMG_2981.jpegIMG_2982.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Did the fronts about 6 years ago. Today, did the rears with OEM from partscenterplus on eBay. I've bought from them quite a bit for OEM stuff.

Waiting on FedEx with my repaired Mechman - voltage regulator was "damaged". I'll put that in and then give a test drive. Don't expect to observe anything, since these are really bump stops and _shouldn't_ be hitting unless massive suspension travel.

View attachment 408640View attachment 408639
Looks like old lady nipple$. Not that I'd know.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AC is out=(. IM hoping it's not a leak at the evap core under the dash or something ugly like that. HAD to get me an ac compressor just cause UAW on eminent strikes. Hoarding parts is also fun!! Hahaha

Attachments

• 20230916_131408.jpg
    20230916_131408.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts