What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passed Texas State Safety Inspection.

It is only 90* out right now with a high of 95* - cold front. :D. Supposed to be 105+ tomorrow, so figured I'd get it done now. Couple things - no detection of PCM modifications made for e-fan swap as expected. And this year, logged 2300 miles which is up from 1500 last year and 1200 year before that.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was super weak and intermittent. However, I grabbed a TBSS airbag and now my horn honks like new. Weird, but as you're finding out they are related somehow. I think the equivalent is one from an Envoy that the Yukon folks swap.
I actually swapped my airbag a few years ago.. it’s worked great until very recently.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the one you need? Matched it up to my '04 but I'm not sure if your Yukon is the same.

View attachment 406176
Thank you Sir!

Still having trouble finding one available anywhere though.. guess I’ll get the Dorman from the jungle website.. supposed to be here tomorrow. I’ll keep an eye out for an OEM version, just in case..

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently, when trying to prevent an imbecile from backing his trailer into my Yukon, while waiting in a left turn lane (moron!!), I discovered my horn wasn’t working.. great timing.. it works fine with the alarm / lock, but I still verified the fuse and relay, and all looks good. Pulled the airbag, and inspected the push button, which seems fine, but after reassembly, still functions zero percent. So I’m planning to just order the replacement horn button, and expect that will address my issue. I’ve only been able to find a Dorman replacement (924-088), and was hoping to get an OEM part. So far, my search has been fruitless. Does anyone have a source for this replacement from AC Delco / OEM.?

Cheaper and easier solution:

Horn-Broke-Watch-For-Finger-Decal-Sticker.jpg

Or, invest in an electric exhaust cutout and rev?

I know it's not the same as your particular instance, but, here, if you hit your horn while someone is sitting at a green light on their phone, they're most likely to either sit there until it's stale yellow or even red then haul ass. Or, they'll creep along as they continue their texting, TikToking or whatever. Shifting to neutral and revving seems to get the results a honk got 10+ years ago.

Personally, I don't do either. I always stop behind people with enough distance to go around 'em if they're sitting.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven’t tried that. But when I lock / arm, from the fob, I get the short honk, as expected.
I'm not familiar with how things look behind the airbag, but is there any chance you could freshen up the contacts with steel wool or a steel brush? Maybe there's some corrosion that's built up over time?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fixed it.. apparently, the switch was bad. Looked very clean, but used some Electronic cleaner just because.. and a dab of dielectric grease.

Attachments

• IMG_9840.jpeg
    IMG_9840.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9841.jpeg
    IMG_9841.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9845.jpeg
    IMG_9845.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9846.jpeg
    IMG_9846.jpeg