What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fless sent me an OEM rear subwoofer box a year ago. Recently, I stupidly knocked it off the shelf and it broke two of the tabs. Used Q-Bond to repair. It’s ugly, but will be out of sight.

View attachment 405976

Have an MB Quart DS1-204 shallow sub to put in the box and a small Sound Ordnance amp to wire in. Need to determine where to mount. Found a discontinued harness on eBay for the Y91 lux radio to provide line out. This should complement my lux upgraded OEM system in my 2004 Tahoe and add a little extra thump combined with the existing center console Bose sub.

Still trying to decide if I go full send and upgrade to the factory touch screen nav. Maps would be outdated, but it has a mid eq adjustment not on the six disc unit I have. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Makes me want to work on the sound system in mine but thats another can of worms and the piggy bank not ready for it.

project_x

Reaction score
Changed the front and rear differential fluids, and cover on the rear.
Upper Control arm, front shock and front sway bar link on driver's side...passenger side tomorrow.

Tired to swap my 1500 torsion bar with stock keys with 2500 bars with rough country leveling keys... Got stalled when the torsion bars were rusted to the keys and lcas... Will try again tomorrow.
Had to break the keys to finally get them off the torsion bars... Because I'm slow... I thought the tahoe bars were shorter (52") and the Suburban bars were the same as that pickups (54").... But sadly that is not the case.. so I put my bars back on with the rough country keys .. at least they are all loose when I find a little heavy rates bars for a Suburban...

project_x

Reaction score
Changed the front and rear differential fluids, and cover on the rear.
Upper Control arm, front shock and front sway bar link on driver's side...passenger side tomorrow.

Tired to swap my 1500 torsion bar with stock keys with 2500 bars with rough country leveling keys... Got stalled when the torsion bars were rusted to the keys and lcas... Will try again tomorrow.
Front needs to be lowered about 3/4"... Will drive it around until my alignment on Wednesday and see if it settles
PXL_20230813_232631042.jpg

NorwegianHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New stepper motor for speedometer. Sometimes the speedometer went crazy. Don't know why I did not do it earlier, super easy fix with a soldering iron.
Also, one of the previous owners installed some fancy lights and a lightbar, the wiring is a mess and my lights keep shorting out. Some of the wires are just twisted and taped up. Wago fix for now... (Most likely until it breaks again)

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently, when trying to prevent an imbecile from backing his trailer into my Yukon, while waiting in a left turn lane (moron!!), I discovered my horn wasn’t working.. great timing.. it works fine with the alarm / lock, but I still verified the fuse and relay, and all looks good. Pulled the airbag, and inspected the push button, which seems fine, but after reassembly, still functions zero percent. So I’m planning to just order the replacement horn button, and expect that will address my issue. I’ve only been able to find a Dorman replacement (924-088), and was hoping to get an OEM part. So far, my search has been fruitless. Does anyone have a source for this replacement from AC Delco / OEM.?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently, when trying to prevent an imbecile from backing his trailer into my Yukon, while waiting in a left turn lane (moron!!), I discovered my horn wasn’t working.. great timing.. it works fine with the alarm / lock, but I still verified the fuse and relay, and all looks good. Pulled the airbag, and inspected the push button, which seems fine, but after reassembly, still functions zero percent. So I’m planning to just order the replacement horn button, and expect that will address my issue. I’ve only been able to find a Dorman replacement (924-088), and was hoping to get an OEM part. So far, my search has been fruitless. Does anyone have a source for this replacement from AC Delco / OEM.?
It works when you hit the panic button?

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was super weak and intermittent. However, I grabbed a TBSS airbag and now my horn honks like new. Weird, but as you're finding out they are related somehow. I think the equivalent is one from an Envoy that the Yukon folks swap.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Is this the one you need? Matched it up to my '04 but I'm not sure if your Yukon is the same.

1692205907886.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove