What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan5

Reaction score
Nice, got lucky on those bolts. Mine were broken off inside the head. I couldn’t extract the rear ones.
Yeah I was joyed when they started to turn without breaking off. There's that moment when you start to torque it and its either going to turn or snap off. Super happy I got them out. I failed on the driver side though, left one bolt in the head and used the dorman clamp.

project_x

Reaction score
Changed the front and rear differential fluids, and cover on the rear.
Upper Control arm, front shock and front sway bar link on driver's side...passenger side tomorrow.

Tired to swap my 1500 torsion bar with stock keys with 2500 bars with rough country leveling keys... Got stalled when the torsion bars were rusted to the keys and lcas... Will try again tomorrow.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Are your appliques painted satin or matte?
I’m trying to remember what I painted them with. I dipped them originally when they were on my Tahoe. Oh. I used the small spray cans of ACDelco touch up paint I think. Then sprayed some clear on top. I’d say they are more of a satin than real glossy look. Definitely not matte.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fless sent me an OEM rear subwoofer box a year ago. Recently, I stupidly knocked it off the shelf and it broke two of the tabs. Used Q-Bond to repair. It’s ugly, but will be out of sight.

IMG_2915.jpeg

Have an MB Quart DS1-204 shallow sub to put in the box and a small Sound Ordnance amp to wire in. Need to determine where to mount. Found a discontinued harness on eBay for the Y91 lux radio to provide line out. This should complement my lux upgraded OEM system in my 2004 Tahoe and add a little extra thump combined with the existing center console Bose sub.

Still trying to decide if I go full send and upgrade to the factory touch screen nav. Maps would be outdated, but it has a mid eq adjustment not on the six disc unit I have. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove