What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend with a '95 Silverado replaced the entire A/C system in it. It would cool decently enough, but barely. He triple-checked the charge, etc. and noticed the vent volume seemed lacking. While checking for clogs, he felt cool air blowing out of the cowl. He removed the blower motor and taped the circulate door shut. Vent volume is much improved and no more chilled air leaking outside. It's a work beater so he's probably not gonna fix it.
I’m pretty sure I won’t fix this. I’ll probably just leave it be. I don’t want to pay someone to troubleshoot it and I’m probably the only one who will ever know it’s rigged. Pains me since I’ve prided myself on keeping the truck in top shape, but I’m crying uncle on this problem.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started the truck and the fan speed set to high only came out at the low speed. Drove it got in it again and worked fine until I shut the engine off, fan kept on running :eek:
Ordered and installed a new resistor now the fan runs like a engine with a miss in it. So I ordered a new resister to see if it makes the problem go away.
20230801_132901.jpg

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using the AUTO function, or the manual function?
The system functions if use manual or auto. But for some reason the AC compressor shuts off if I try to enable the system with the button on the HVAC module.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I won’t fix this. I’ll probably just leave it be. I don’t want to pay someone to troubleshoot it and I’m probably the only one who will ever know it’s rigged. Pains me since I’ve prided myself on keeping the truck in top shape, but I’m crying uncle on this problem.

It's likely nothing you'll miss and nothing critical. Your secret's safe here, on this public forum on the internet.

Logan5

Reaction score
Tackled the exhaust manifold bolts on the passenger side today. First and last were broken. Took off all the spark plug wires. Fully unbolted the manifold and would have taken it all the way out but apparently the oil dipstick is laced through it. Thought about pulling out the dipstick but when it didn't come out easy I decided to just prop the manifold out of the way.

Managed to get out the broken bolts with a small pipe wrench. For the rear one I also removed the spark plug for clearance.

New gaskets and ARP bolts and its all back together.

Spark plug in and out was easy with the manifold out of the way. Cleaned the wires and they went back on easy. A little pressure from the jack on the exhaust helped line up the bolt holes. A pry bar did the rest.

Attachments

• wrench.jpg
    wrench.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 3

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tackled the exhaust manifold bolts on the passenger side today. First and last were broken. Took off all the spark plug wires. Fully unbolted the manifold and would have taken it all the way out but apparently the oil dipstick is laced through it. Thought about pulling out the dipstick but when it didn't come out easy I decided to just prop the manifold out of the way.

Managed to get out the broken bolts with a small pipe wrench. For the rear one I also removed the spark plug for clearance.

New gaskets and ARP bolts and its all back together.

Spark plug in and out was easy with the manifold out of the way. Cleaned the wires and they went back on easy. A little pressure from the jack on the exhaust helped line up the bolt holes. A pry bar did the rest.
Nice, got lucky on those bolts. Mine were broken off inside the head. I couldn’t extract the rear ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n