What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My fuel pressure regulator has the vacuum port on the top (flex fuel) rather than the side, no where can I find the right vacuum line elbow that is 90 degrees, only the 45 degree slanted one. I tried a generic 90deg rubber elbow but it cracked after a few months, anyone have any ideas or the same issue?

the most common 45degree connector below:
View attachment 399616

Same here. Have never been able to find even an aftermarket hose with the right elbows. Been looking in the Upull yards but no luck yet. Not sure if anybody makes them, but I'd be interested in getting one for mine.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point sir. These are the last few I have of it. I'm leaning towards removing them, I have new bumpers that will be paint matched as well as the HD hood. I'll get the grill painted at the same time I install those parts too.
I’d leave them since it’s lifted. Not sure if you can find smooth ones to CM like Tony suggested, if not then maybe Cerakote them. Their trim coating really makes the textured black plastic pop and lasts for years. I highly recommend it, and there’s been a lot of us here who have used it.E1BB6A60-C1B5-440B-8BB3-E9F7339F8624.png

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What TB? If a stock 87mm, how 'bout an Airaid MIT for an '07-'14? Or, if you wanna keep a stock intake duct, grab one from an '07-'08. They changed the MAF sensor style in '09+.
I guess I could get a silicone sleeve, to bump down from the 90, to 87.. currently have the Airaid MIT for the ‘03, and definitely like it, and would like to keep that style. Prefer the stock filter location, rather than up higher, for a “hot” air intake.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d leave them since it’s lifted. Not sure if you can find smooth ones to CM like Tony suggested, if not then maybe Cerakote them. Their trim coating really makes the textured black plastic pop and lasts for years. I highly recommend it, and there’s been a lot of us here who have used it.View attachment 399672
We have a local salvage yard with probably a dozen similar Tahoes, maybe I can snag them off there. Thanks for the input!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a ported LS3… might have just made it a PITA for myself..

The ID is 90mm, but do you know what the OD is? I'm wondering if, for the 3mm difference, they created a whole other casting and/or intake duct and coupler size.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ID is 90mm, but do you know what the OD is? I'm wondering if, for the 3mm difference, they created a whole other casting and/or intake duct and coupler size.
I am not knowing.. guess I’ll have to wait until it’s in my grubby hands.

And yes, you’d think so. Perhaps if I can figure out the factory vehicles with the ls3 intake, I could figure something out.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I could get a silicone sleeve, to bump down from the 90, to 87.. currently have the Airaid MIT for the ‘03, and definitely like it, and would like to keep that style. Prefer the stock filter location, rather than up higher, for a “hot” air intake.

A coupler for a GenIV might stretch over the LS3 TB. Might just need a little lube to lessen the "fun". If the OD of the LS3 TB is proportionately larger as compared to the GenIV TB, then that's right under 1/8" difference. I think a silicone coupler can safely stretch 1/16" in all directions.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A coupler for a GenIV might stretch over the LS3 TB. Might just need a little lube to lessen the "fun". If the OD of the LS3 TB is proportionately larger as compared to the GenIV TB, then that's right under 1/8" difference. I think a silicone coupler can safely stretch 1/16" in all directions.
I’m hoping so. That would make it a fairly easy retrofit.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d leave them since it’s lifted. Not sure if you can find smooth ones to CM like Tony suggested, if not then maybe Cerakote them. Their trim coating really makes the textured black plastic pop and lasts for years. I highly recommend it, and there’s been a lot of us here who have used it.View attachment 399672

+1 to these wipes, I used them 3 years ago still looking good, may do it again this year

Doing my 2500hd grill conversion and putting new front bumper on tonight with a buddy, very excited these parts have been laying in my shop for a year

@Fless maybe something like this would do the trick, need small pieces of tubing to couple it

Last edited:

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Fixed the right passenger side window burned out motor with a whole new el cheapo regulator assembly ( $37) Not too bad. Kid will be happy. Gee, wonder why it was that window. (200,434 miles).

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpeg
    IMG_0750.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0751.jpeg
    IMG_0751.jpeg
    803.2 KB · Views: 2