What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Thx man.

Sheesh AC Delco showing $105 for the regulator without the motor and Dorman $103 for the regulator and the motor on Amazon.

@Galante

You think I need both the regulator and the motor or just the regulator because it is going up, just very slowly?
Believe the regulator is the motor.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going back my original post a few days ago. A few guys responded and thx. I had a chance to shoot a video in between the rain storms.

I started at the drivers side front and went clockwise to end up at the actual troubled rear drivers side window, which I originally posted about but did not explain well enough.

Engine is on. Down and up and you can hear the switch clicking each time I touch it on all the windows. So likely not the switches.

Bit of dimming and slight drop in the battery volts when holding the switch of one window or more so with multiple switches, e.g. both front windows.

Towards the end of the video you will hear the drivers rear window dogging it and very slow coming all the way up, even though it of course is only half way down.

I’m thinking that one regulator is going out based on the sound and lack of performance?

AC Delco, Dorman or other to replace?

Alternator and battery seems ok? Holds a steady charge and all other lights and functions are bright and steady.

Any further advice or thoughts are welcomed. Thx.

Yeah, my lights dim when rolling down 2 windows even with overdriven 140a alt and big 4 upgrade. If you have no other issues I wouldnt be looking at that.

Though its a good idea anyways to do the big 3/4

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx man.

Sheesh AC Delco showing $105 for the regulator without the motor and Dorman $103 for the regulator and the motor on Amazon.

@Galante
You think I need both the regulator and the motor or just the regulator because it is going up, just very slowly?

i show its $99 for the motor and regulator assembly (rockauto) AC Delco

20945139_Primary__ra_p.jpg

Believe the regulator is the motor.

nope. regulator is actually the track/arms that do the scissor lift motion. i even have regulators on my '50

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here seems to be what we are looking at and there are prices and manufacturers/names all across the board so needs a bit of a search.

1AA201B3-78A5-41C9-AA85-0E983B9C115A.png

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i show its $99 for the motor and regulator assembly (rockauto)

nope. regulator is actually the track/arms that do the scissor lift motion. i even have regulators on my '50

Beat me to it. Thx man. At least confirming my questions. Maybe worth just replacing both at the same time in one unit.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
i show its $99 for the motor and regulator assembly (rockauto) AC Delco

Oops I mean I thought it's all 1 piece. Can't buy regulator and motor seperately right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparkybuilt63