What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an issue recently while going up a mountain to do some snow wheeling. Every hard right turn I would here a rubbing noise, almost like a power steering pump whine, coming from driver's side front. While wheeling, (some aggressive steering and what not) the abs light came on for a while but eventually went off. Haven't driven it since. Possible problems?

That's exactly what my bad front wheel bearing was doing. Only heard it when turning. I replaced both.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned this lesson the hard way. Went with Delphi knock sensors and CEL came on. I went back with ACD units and problem solved. Sucks job is not easy.
I replaced them myself barely 3 years ago with Delphi sensors. I did replace the harness as well, with a Dorman harness. And I sealed the grommets with RTV and I made a curved dam around each sensor hole with RTV. Since they were fairly new, I told the engine installer to go ahead and reuse them when he installed my new engine. I guess it ended up biting me in the ass.
It looks like I might as well pull the intake back off and replace them again.

Reaction score
Today, I washed the three years of green growth off my 2001 Tahoe.

I am pretty impressed that the 22 year od paint job is still in decent shape, seeing how it never spent any time in a garage.

I still have to deep clean the interior, but for how long it sat, it has nothing growling inside.

I also took it for a short drive as it had been awhile since i moved it, and had to jump start it, so i am suspecting I have a battery drain somewhere.

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    540.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1554.JPEG
    IMG_1554.JPEG
    577.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1555.JPEG
    IMG_1555.JPEG
    558.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1556.JPEG
    IMG_1556.JPEG