What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New rear hatch struts and Toshiba HIR1 Hi beam bulbs. Also did the 4-Hi mod. Nice and bright now!!!

The hatch is aluminum and the cheap Amazon ones are are waaaaay too powerful. First time i opened it, it flew up and busted my fixed rear hatch glass hinge. The Stabilus are what ours came from factory from RockAuto. There is a left and right surprisingly and they come up at a much better speed.

Attachments

• 20220824_161850.jpg
    20220824_161850.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 7

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just make sure holes are clean. My drain was actually pointed down towards the ground. Did you turn yous for easier access? If I remember correctly I used an ac cleaner of some type. Kills mold and mildew.
I removed the elbow and stuck the hose for the evaporator cleaning foam in until it stopped and hit the button. Of course, in keeping with my streak, the shit shot out of there into my face a bit until I could put a finger over the hole and shot the rest in. :happy107:

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night went to go pick up some Thai take-out. Didn't even notice the interior lights didn't come on. Went to hit the key and nothing. Not even a starter click. 2.6V at the battery. Boo.

I bought the battery Oct 2020, but she sits for weeks at a time and then sometimes only driven for short trips. So this means a couple possibilities:

• Battery was crap to start with and weakened over time
  • Alternator not working well
  • Parasitic draw - i've seen it at 12.2V'ish after sitting for extended periods
  • Combo of above

Anywho - taking the battery/receipt back to Wally World for a replacement. Time to google how to meter the alternator and see what happens!

EDIT: I always see Mechman as the recommended upgrade. Are they a bolt in without needing a different belt? I've got the 145A. Asking for Future Matt if the alt is bad.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night went to go pick up some Thai take-out. Didn't even notice the interior lights didn't come on. Went to hit the key and nothing. Not even a starter click. 2.6V at the battery. Boo.

I bought the battery Oct 2020, but she sits for weeks at a time and then sometimes only driven for short trips. So this means a couple possibilities:

• Battery was crap to start with and weakened over time
  • Alternator not working well
  • Parasitic draw - i've seen it at 12.2V'ish after sitting for extended periods
  • Combo of above

Anywho - taking the battery/receipt back to Wally World for a replacement. Time to google how to meter the alternator and see what happens!

EDIT: I always see Mechman as the recommended upgrade. Are they a bolt in without needing a different belt? I've got the 145A. Asking for Future Matt if the alt is bad.
I've had a 240amp Mechman on my Tahoe for years. Absolutely love it with my electric fans and upgraded sound system including amplifier. Never see a drop when the fans kick on even at idle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n