What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally finished my NNBS brake upgrade. After an overnight soak with PB Blaster, the hard line to rubber hose connection freed up. Other wise i was ready to run a new line from ABS to drivers wheel well. Had to drill, tap and helicoil a control arm and both knuckles for barke hose hold downs. Its worth it to buy the most expensive drill bits. New Harbor freight titanium bits with 118° edges do not work at all. These Milwaukee with 135° cut amazingly and with some oil of course. I killed one Napa drill bit and only used one Milwaukee bit with plenty of life left. That knuckle steel is HARD! I just finished bleeding and the pad bed in process, so far they seem much better, its still early though .

A note about the PowerStop kit. The caliper slides were not greased, the slde pin bolts were randomly torqued with one being about 100 ft/lbs and the caliper bracket surface where it mounts to the knuckle is uneven and bumpy due to the thick red paint. FYI, i used a file to flatten the mating surface.

Attachments

• 20220828_190015.jpg
    20220828_190015.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220828_192756.jpg
    20220828_192756.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220828_155404.jpg
    20220828_155404.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 7

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I put these big boogers on, and Goodridge hoses (it’s been a two day affair… maybe three- I work slow). Had to shave the ridge a smidge to clear my rolling stock.

View attachment 378673

My driveway was sad when I scratched this one… :-( But that was before I shaved the ridge, so it got some touch up paint. Driveway is happier now.

View attachment 378674

Nooj

Did you notice a stopping difference after the install?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed another heater hose today after a parts delivery and got the OEM tees in, pressure tested the system. No leaks. Now waiting on the new rear ac refrigerant lines to be delivered. Finally stopped buying more parts. I think. ;)
Why stop now -- out of sadness, or out of money? :angels2:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally finished my NNBS brake upgrade. After an overnight soak with PB Blaster, the hard line to rubber hose connection freed up. Other wise i was ready to run a new line from ABS to drivers wheel well. Had to drill, tap and helicoil a control arm and both knuckles for barke hose hold downs. Its worth it to buy the most expensive drill bits. New Harbor freight titanium bits with 118° edges do not work at all. These Milwaukee with 135° cut amazingly and with some oil of course. I killed one Napa drill bit and only used one Milwaukee bit with plenty of life left. That knuckle steel is HARD! I just finished bleeding and the pad bed in process, so far they seem much better, its still early though .

A note about the PowerStop kit. The caliper slides were not greased, the slde pin bolts were randomly torqued with one being about 100 ft/lbs and the caliper bracket surface where it mounts to the knuckle is uneven and bumpy due to the thick red paint. FYI, i used a file to flatten the mating surface.
You're not kidding when you say the steel is hard! I was not patient enough and did not have time to soak the screw that holds the passenger side brake hose clip onto the upper control arm. I snapped the screw, then snapped my DeWalt drill bit. Luckily, I had enough of the hole open that I was able to start a bolt and get just enough of it threaded to hold the clip in place. Worked out OK. You won't find many slotted screws on a Tahoe, but it is what I had that did the job... (You can see it to the right side of the control arm.)
20220526_104530.jpg

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put these big boogers on, and Goodridge hoses (it’s been a two day affair… maybe three- I work slow). Had to shave the ridge a smidge to clear my rolling stock.

View attachment 378673

My driveway was sad when I scratched this one… :-( But that was before I shaved the ridge, so it got some touch up paint. Driveway is happier now.

View attachment 378674

Nooj
Did u find the Goodridge lines to have plenty of slack after installing??? I keep seeing conflicting info on them being to tight or not enough slack, especially with the centric/stop tech. Ok concerned because I did crank the keys a bit to level the truck and I don't want to have brake hoses that don't have any slack

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score

Please give honest update after you get 500-1000 miles on the new set up alot of curious people.I love my NNBS brakes compared to the stock junk.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You're not kidding when you say the steel is hard! I was not patient enough and did not have time to soak the screw that holds the passenger side brake hose clip onto the upper control arm. I snapped the screw, then snapped my DeWalt drill bit. Luckily, I had enough of the hole open that I was able to start a bolt and get just enough of it threaded to hold the clip in place. Worked out OK. You won't find many slotted screws on a Tahoe, but it is what I had that did the job... (You can see it to the right side of the control arm.)
View attachment 379381
Is that a wood screw?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman