What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove to the Lowes which means a few miles of freeway driving which I haven’t been doing lately. Found a nice Beemer that wanted to rally a bit on the way back. So here I was, boost on high, 10’ sections of gutter in the truck, Malamute with his head out the driver side rear window, kicking that cars ass and as I’m about to exit I slow down and as he comes alongside me he has a huge grin on his face, thumbs up as he rolls down his passenger window and passes me. Damn, I love The Beast. So much fun for what was just a run to get building supplies. :cool:
Lol he didn't see that coming from the NBS!!

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New hub bearings. ABS was malfunctioning, even when just replacing sensors. Only one rounded off hub bolt from pervious mechanic. I had to cut off the bolt head. Air hammer and BFH were the heroes. One hub separated after 2 hits. Cleaned up mating surfaces real well and used plenty of Antisieze and felt like the guy from Mad Max...

Attachments

• 20220715_151243.jpg
    20220715_151243.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220716_095036.jpg
    20220716_095036.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220716_093005.jpg
    20220716_093005.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 9
  • mad-max-nux-shiny-chrome.jpg
    mad-max-nux-shiny-chrome.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driver's side hub does not have excess play that I could feel, but was making subtle noises that are making me act on this in the next day or so.

I saved $38 off new hub from NAPA online with the 20% bucket sale.

Got the best hub assembly (with sensor) for the price of the cheap unit!

This was $150 after discount. It was determined when I replaced my passenger side hub, that the manufacturer of this hub was actually Moog.

I am cash strapped this week (no surprise there... everything is stupid expensive and my pay only went up 2.5% this year) and only needed the hub.

But, I got creative to get the 20% discount... I ordered two rear axle stud bolts for $1.89 each to qualify as having three items.

Heavy rain and storms tomorrow, so I am shooting for driveway repairs on Tuesday.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New hub bearings. ABS was malfunctioning, even when just replacing sensors. Only one rounded off hub bolt from pervious mechanic. I had to cut off the bolt head. Air hammer and BFH were the heroes. One hub separated after 2 hits. Cleaned up mating surfaces real well and used plenty of Antisieze...
Hah!! This must be hub replacement week! See post above... Me too.

I don't have an air chisel, but I saved the old hub bolts from my other hub replacement.

I plan to use them and BFH to knock out the hub. The heads are mushroomed a bit from me beating on them, but I only need to thread them in by hand, leaving about a half inch of thread sticking out and just beat the snots on the bolt heads.

The last hub took a few whacks, but it finally popped out. I installed new bolts on that side, so I kept the old ones specifically to use in removing the other hub.

Your hub looked exactly like the one that failed on my passenger side a few months ago... As soon as I got the axle nut off, the outer part of the hub pulled off by hand because it separated. The back half stayed attached to the knuckle and was a stubborn!

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hah!! This must be hub replacement week! See post above... Me too.

I don't have an air chisel, but I saved the old hub bolts from my other hub replacement.

I plan to use them and BFH to knock out the hub. The heads are mushroomed a bit from me beating on them, but I only need to thread them in by hand, leaving about a half inch of thread sticking out and just beat the snots on the bolt heads.

The last hub took a few whacks, but it finally popped out. I installed new bolts on that side, so I kept the old ones specifically to use in removing the other hub.

Your hub looked exactly like the one that failed on my passenger side a few months ago... As soon as I got the axle nut off, the outer part of the hub pulled off by hand because it separated. The back half stayed attached to the knuckle and was a stubborn!
Good work. Yes installing the bolts by hamd and hitting them works well!!! Its nice to not have my ABS beeping at me from me pullingnthe fuse because the ABS activating at 13 mph when braking.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my front windshield washer fluid pump this evening. Took about an hour (would take less now that I know what I’m doing) and cost $25 for a new AC Delco pump/grommet from Amazon.

Turns out you don’t have to remove the battery tray or fluid reservoir as long as you can work by feel from under the truck.

Attachments

• 42F02FA3-0FF8-4567-93C1-62B0792B4F71.jpeg
    42F02FA3-0FF8-4567-93C1-62B0792B4F71.jpeg
    596.8 KB · Views: 9

Buggdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up some Denso 25326903 flex fuel injectors (36 lbs @ 58 psi) from the junk yard for my re-build. I got a rebuild kit from the injector shop and started the process. Nothing clogged but micro filters are definitely dirty. Next is to see how to DIY flow check to see how close they are to each other. Any one else flow check their injectors outside of the engine?

Attachments

• fuel injector re-build.jpg
    fuel injector re-build.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n