What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to cut the upper control arm out and buy new bolts, had to buy new sway bar bushings for 28 bucks to get 4 bolts that I couldn't find. I think these ones with bigger heads would have actually worked. Storm came through last night, I had to cut the carpet around my jack and roll it up, lol. I got the torsion bar knocked out on the driver's side, and hopefully I can have this thing back together in a couple more days, lol

Oh and I grabbed this today for 50 bucks, and the dude said he can program my milage for me after I get it installed.
Gettin it done no matter what!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to cut the upper control arm out and buy new bolts, had to buy new sway bar bushings for 28 bucks to get 4 bolts that I couldn't find. I think these ones with bigger heads would have actually worked. Storm came through last night, I had to cut the carpet around my jack and roll it up, lol. I got the torsion bar knocked out on the driver's side, and hopefully I can have this thing back together in a couple more days, lol

Oh and I grabbed this today for 50 bucks, and the dude said he can program my milage for me after I get it installed.
Nice job man!!!! What did you use to cut the upper bolts out? I used a Diablo metal cutting blade on a sawzall. Cut right through them. That was after beating on them for hours and fighting with a metal cutting blade on a 4" grinder.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're planning to go into RMNP you'll need a reservation. Maybe take the drive to Estes Park on the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway. https://estes-park.com/peak-to-peak-scenic-byway/

Enjoy!

Thanks! We made our reservation last night. We did drive a portion of the Peak to Peak Byway and hit the Gordon Gulch Trail for a couple hours on our way. We just entered the park about 15 minutes ago.

While on Gordon Gulch we did find a hiking backpack with some belongings in it, looks like it had been there a while. Someone more familiar, should something like that be reported to authorities, and is there a clear way to make those kinds of reports?

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job man!!!! What did you use to cut the upper bolts out? I used a Diablo metal cutting blade on a sawzall. Cut right through them. That was after beating on them for hours and fighting with a metal cutting blade on a 4" grinder.

When I did the UCAs on my '02 Silverado, I did the same. Those Diablo Carbide Tipped blades are all I buy any more. Worth their weight in gold.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks! We made our reservation last night. We did drive a portion of the Peak to Peak Byway and hit the Gordon Gulch Trail for a couple hours on our way. We just entered the park about 15 minutes ago.

While on Gordon Gulch we did find a hiking backpack with some belongings in it, looks like it had been there a while. Someone more familiar, should something like that be reported to authorities, and is there a clear way to make those kinds of reports?

Believe that would be the Boulder Ranger District of the USFS. Might give them a call to report:

Boulder Ranger District
2140 Yarmouth Avenue
Boulder, CO 80301
303-541-2500

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Alex_M Dont forget to take a trip on OH MY GOD highway. Its beautiful.

Than I would also suggest taking Highway 40, where it intersects with I-70 at Empire, and take Highway 40 to Winter Park.. Another beautiful road, and drive!

If you were healthy enough to meet up, I would let you borrow the keys to my cabin.. But.. :(

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Question as to why you had to cut them out?? The alignment kits for the upper control arms come with bolts that are specific to the application and aren't normally sold alone. Just trying to understand the bolt with bigger head reference.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sway bar bushing bolts have a reduced head, and I had to hammer a 3/8ths on to it after it stripped out to get the old bushings off. All of the parts stores and ace had bolts that were the same thread but a way bigger head. These Moog sway bar bushings have a different style bracket, so I probably could have used the other ones.

I had to cut out the upper control arm bolts. Because they were seized big time. I could only get one of them pounded out, and it was after a lot of pounding, then waiting until the next day to pound some more.

@89Suburban @Alex_M I have been through so many blades. The wife's brother brought me these "torch" blades and I don't know if they cut any better than the cheap ones I had. The bolt cuts fine, but on the one side there isn't really a gap and I have to cut through the bushing. This last one is giving me a hard time still. I used the grinder to get one, but I really don't wanna hit my brake line. I bought whole control arms because I figured it would be easier than pressing out/in ball joints...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9