What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dszx13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was that shock rattling?
Not rattling but every now and then I would hear a thunk. Could never pin point it. Even when I replaced all steering parts I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. I just so happen to see the bushing torn a little when I was doing the brakes. Pressing it out finished it off for good. 20 bucks and all is well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
I thought you could buy new tabs.. hmm

Here you go: https://www.frostfighter.com/defroster-tabs-uni-clip.htm (2300-URX is the one you want I believe)

This is who you need to order the correct material from anyway. This stuff works! Not that useless crap from the auto parts store.
Whew that's over $60 to repair two little scraps of aluminum....I think I'll try the permatex for $10 and cut some aluminum or try a junkyard for donors.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew that's over $60 to repair two little scraps of aluminum....I think I'll try the permatex for $10 and cut some aluminum or try a junkyard for donors.
Go right ahead. No sense learning from others who have been in the same boat. The Permatex doesn’t work, I tried it twice. Wasted $20 and it made a mess that was harder to fix with the Frostfighter. So yessir, try that Permatex. Shit does not work. Good luck! :crazy:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go right ahead. No sense learning from others who have been in the same boat. The Permatex doesn’t work, I tried it twice. Wasted $20 and it made a mess that was harder to fix with the Frostfighter. So yessir, try that Permatex. Shit does not work. Good luck! :crazy:
X2

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
I tried it too. So ended up costing me an additional $20.. up to you dude.
Well given that, I'll skip that route. Didn't know it was Permatex you were talking about. Sounds bad. Looked closer today and realized , the contacts are still in place on the window connected to the defroster.
Like this:Dn7j5YaR1fpU6_thIKo6ObMOIRtK4J0fRv7aQ=w546-h728-no.png
They are only missing the part of the tab that connects to the plug. I'm gonna try to solder tabs made from a piece of 1/2 copper pipe, cut about 3/16 flattened into a 60 degree tab. It should be easy to tin, and highly conductive. Pinky finger for reference...NMxqiChmrEIfMMNbp3BrxJUqxx-QST9HDcmPA=w546-h728-no.png
I fit them and they stay on well. I'll bend to 60 and solder tomorrow. It's burger time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse