What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. And agree, but given my current situation, being already delayed by 2.5 weeks with all of my stuff already moved, I don’t have many options. Tomorrow, I have 20 miles left to complete the break-in mileage, so we’ll be dropping the transmission pan and changing oil, cutting open the filter to have a look see.. as long as it looks good there, I’ll be hitting the road Tuesday for the trek home. Finally.
Cool. Where in Texas did u settle?? Tyler tx??

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to install my muffler today, but I bought 3" id/od adapters along with regular muffler clamps and it won't work. The muffler is 3", along with the stock exhaust, and unfortunately I bought regular muffler clamps instead of the v clamps. I'd rather have it welded, but no one around here will do it for less then $200. Excessive imo. Anyone have any suggestions on what size adapters to get? Or should I just get 2 V clamps?
I was able to adjust the rear swaybar to the most aggressive adjustment. View attachment 374298

You already know my opinion. Use that $200 to grab a welder from HF. If you have the time and ability to díck around with adapters and clamps, you can weld it and be done. For the same invested, you'll own a piece of equipment that'll be handy elsewhere.

YukonBrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Over the weekend, I took the Yukon in to an exhaust shop for a new muffler. I ended up getting a magnaflow 22in muffler over the original flow master super 50 that I wanted.

Biggest problem was no one had the flowmaster in stock and I was sold on how much better magnaflow is for mufflers. They’re not bad but it’s not quite what I was looking for. Ironically the biggest change is hearing the magnaflow rumbling inside the cabin, but it’s just not that audible on the outside. I will probably stick to my guns on flowmaster in the future, should I ever need to install a new muffler.

4E61BB46-5724-4E72-B755-B169FF5F48D3.jpeg

I also received a whole bunch of stuff from WeatherTech this week including new floorliner hp mats for the floorwells and their 2nd row-back cargo liner. I didn’t snap any pictures of those before I got them dirty, so apologies on that one. I am not the best photographer.

The floor mats came at the perfect time as I took some friends with me to explore some forest roads around Snoqualmie national forest. NF-57 isn’t too exciting and is covered in ginourmous pot holes, but it was fun to get off the highway for a bit.

E1A95C8D-E6CB-405C-9354-8B417F486FAD.jpeg

With the current state of the suspension on the truck, we were bouncing around or being thrown side to side pretty extensively, so really excited to be going to the suspension shop in a couple of weeks.

The only decision left for that now is how much lift and how big of tires I want. I really want the minimum lift required to cleanly fit 35in tires, but reality may have more stringent requirements for practical use, so I’m not final on my thoughts there.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the weekend, I took the Yukon in to an exhaust shop for a new muffler. I ended up getting a magnaflow 22in muffler over the original flow master super 50 that I wanted.

Biggest problem was no one had the flowmaster in stock and I was sold on how much better magnaflow is for mufflers. They’re not bad but it’s not quite what I was looking for. Ironically the biggest change is hearing the magnaflow rumbling inside the cabin, but it’s just not that audible on the outside. I will probably stick to my guns on flowmaster in the future, should I ever need to install a new muffler.

View attachment 374366

I also received a whole bunch of stuff from WeatherTech this week including new floorliner hp mats for the floorwells and their 2nd row-back cargo liner. I didn’t snap any pictures of those before I got them dirty, so apologies on that one. I am not the best photographer.

The floor mats came at the perfect time as I took some friends with me to explore some forest roads around Snoqualmie national forest. NF-57 isn’t too exciting and is covered in ginourmous pot holes, but it was fun to get off the highway for a bit.

View attachment 374369

With the current state of the suspension on the truck, we were bouncing around or being thrown side to side pretty extensively, so really excited to be going to the suspension shop in a couple of weeks.

The only decision left for that now is how much lift and how big of tires I want. I really want the minimum lift required to cleanly fit 35in tires, but reality may have more stringent requirements for practical use, so I’m not final on my thoughts there.

Should've got the 18" Magnaflow. If it's any consolation, it'll get a little louder with time. Or, if you wanna save some scratch, get the AP Exhaust clone of the Magnaflow mufflers- the Xlerator line.

sam05

Reaction score
I broke mine! Installed a new radiator, heater hoses, aluminum y-adapter (Dorman), GM Genuine T connectors at the firewall. On the test drive it blew the trans cooler line back out of the new radiator and I lost all the fluid. Now the transmission won't shift right. I'll start a thread in the Engine/drivetrain area when I get a chance.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke mine! Installed a new radiator, heater hoses, aluminum y-adapter (Dorman), GM Genuine T connectors at the firewall. On the test drive it blew the trans cooler line back out of the new radiator and I lost all the fluid. Now the transmission won't shift right. I'll start a thread in the Engine/drivetrain area when I get a chance.
add fluid, it will come back.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the a/c all back together with a new (and proper sized) condenser and replaced both front sensors. Back air was still blowing cold while front was meh. Pulled out the tech 2 and figured out how to tell it to recalibrate and now a/c is about 25 degrees cooler than outside temp and blowing cold front and back!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Put the a/c all back together with a new (and proper sized) condenser and replaced both front sensors. Back air was still blowing cold while front was meh. Pulled out the tech 2 and figured out how to tell it to recalibrate and now a/c is about 25 degrees cooler than outside temp and blowing cold front and back!
What menus on the tech2 gets you there? My roof vents blow out hot.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was crawling around under my truck and noticed trans fluid collecting at the front of the transfer case.. probably leaking gasket at the adapter.. now looking to get the work quoted.. find the leak and replace the gasket, or go further while the t case is out... hmmm.

Replace adapter gasket, encoder motor gasket, and rear case with pump rub fix as a preventative measure? We shall see how much it costs.. I am a fan of being aggressive with preventative maintenance while I'm in there for corrective

Recently replaced a bunch of evap system components and my driver seat cushion. I went with a vinyl cover I hope it lasts if it doesn't ill dish out more for the leather

Attachments

• 20220630_174320.jpg
    20220630_174320.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove