What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan5

Reaction score
Got an evap code, p0455. Checked the vent valve first, that was good. Checked the purge valve next, that was the culprit. Prolly should have done the purge valve first since that one is easier.

And if you are wondering, yes I do put my lips on the valves and blow through them after applying a 12V signal to test.

The purge valve I took off looks fairly new. Definitely not OEM. Says "china" right on it.

Gonna bite the bullet and go pay autozone $45 for a new one because I want to finish this right now.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get it done yet?:popcorn:
in another thread he said he put gas in it and fired right up, fuel gauge might have been off, I figure it's 50/50 chance
my neighbors tahoe had sat a few months and then wouldn't start I put my fuel pressure tester on it and it had 0, banged on the tank and it started working and has been fine since that was about a year ago.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get it done yet?:popcorn:
not yet. turned out to be a bad sending unit. it was pretty cold this morning so im thinking what if its actually out of gas? whats two gallons gonna hurt, put 2 in there and it fired right up. at least now im not stuck doing it in a parking lot. ill take it to a friends house where theres more tools at hand, and a bathroom lol

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
not yet. turned out to be a bad sending unit. it was pretty cold this morning so im thinking what if its actually out of gas? whats two gallons gonna hurt, put 2 in there and it fired right up. at least now im not stuck doing it in a parking lot. ill take it to a friends house where theres more tools at hand, and a bathroom lol

It would be interesting to compare your pre-fix fuel level with the level after the pump is changed out.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to compare your pre-fix fuel level with the level after the pump is changed out.

That's when I found out mine was bad! According to the gauge, I had ~1/4 tank when I drove it in the shop to replace the pump. Afterward, I had ~1/16 tank. Ohmed out the sensor and it went to infinity at 1/4 tank and anywhere below. My Tahoe was stumbling from a weak fuel supply, but that was because it was literally out of fuel and not from a failing pump.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's when I found out mine was bad! According to the gauge, I had ~1/4 tank when I drove it in the shop to replace the pump. Afterward, I had ~1/16 tank. Ohmed out the sensor and it went to infinity at 1/4 tank and anywhere below. My Tahoe was stumbling from a weak fuel supply, but that was because it was literally out of fuel and not from a failing pump.
There’s so many components to the fuel pump module and no easy way to test them individually- FPR, level sensor, filter, pump- so it’s easier to just replace the whole shebang once that tank is dropped. Kinda crazy.