What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Facetiously speaking, I was. :bleh:

I feel you on waiting. That's why I chose to have mine tuned locally even though I already had the AutoCal. Hell, I'm having to spend my weekend in this Hellish heat swapping a transmission in a FWD go-cart simply because I ran out of waiting time for people to respond.
I figured. I'll tell you, it was so satisfying to figure out how to modify that tune, install it, and go for a test ride and see the problem was fixed just like that. In minutes. I was so happy. Still am.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured. I'll tell you, it was so satisfying to figure out how to modify that tune, install it, and go for a test ride and see the problem was fixed just like that. In minutes. I was so happy. Still am.

It's only gonna get better the more power you realize you have now. Just know that, especially being boosted, you also have the power to royally fúck up your stuff. I have ZERO time to dedicate to it at the moment, so it's all gonna be new to me for a while. I have the MPVI2 with Pro Features and recently bought a like-new 15.6" laptop to use exclusively for tuning. My 17" I was using is an obscenely heavy beast with crappy battery life and a ~7 lb. power transformer. The new one is really lightweight with 2+ hours of battery life, a tiny transformer and has a factory reset of Win10 and has been stripped of its bloatware.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's only gonna get better the more power you realize you have now. Just know that, especially being boosted, you also have the power to royally fúck up your stuff. I have ZERO time to dedicate to it at the moment, so it's all gonna be new to me for a while. I have the MPVI2 with Pro Features and recently bought a like-new 15.6" laptop to use exclusively for tuning. My 17" I was using is an obscenely heavy beast with crappy battery life and a ~7 lb. power transformer. The new one is really lightweight with 2+ hours of battery life, a tiny transformer and has a factory reset of Win10 and has been stripped of its bloatware.
Yeah as far as actual tuning it’s gonna be a slow process and not much in the way of change for now until I know what I’m doing. I’m well aware I can get in trouble and screw things up real fast. I bought a new 12” HP notebook to use for tuning and programming modules with the Tech2. I like it because it’s small so it’s easy to use in the truck but big enough to see. 84408800-9431-4A49-802B-7C7E14514DE1.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
He got me a couple times, I got him a couple times. I got a big thumbs up. I think he was surprised.
Still respectable since you're in a full size suv and he's in a little a$$ sports car.
Yeah as far as actual tuning it’s gonna be a slow process and not much in the way of change for now until I know what I’m doing. I’m well aware I can get in trouble and screw things up real fast. I bought a new 12” HP notebook to use for tuning and programming modules with the Tech2. I like it because it’s small so it’s easy to use in the truck but big enough to see. View attachment 346484
Would be nice if you had a temp lap top holder--like a ppv has.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still respectable since you're in a full size suv and he's in a little a$$ sports car.

Would be nice if you had a temp lap top holder--like a ppv has.
Man I want some sort of laptop holder so bad! I have slung my poor laptop onto the floorboard, against the doors, and behind the seats many times. Its also very difficult to shift with it on the center console.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah as far as actual tuning it’s gonna be a slow process and not much in the way of change for now until I know what I’m doing. I’m well aware I can get in trouble and screw things up real fast. I bought a new 12” HP notebook to use for tuning and programming modules with the Tech2. I like it because it’s small so it’s easy to use in the truck but big enough to see. View attachment 346484

You have good eyesight!