What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So you just replaced a 4 to 5 year old DS abs sensor? That seems early. What brand bearing did you get? The bearing failing will often show up as an abs sensor fault.
I honestly don't remember what I replaced it with. It was before I was really active on the forum. Might've even been 6 yrs ago. I replaced it because it was making a grinding noise and I felt it through my pedals as I drove.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped new Delco Rad in this morning. Looks like truck was running on OEM radiator as well and it failed at lower driver side corner. PLease make sure you have a decent pair of hose clamp pliers or 2 or 3!!! They are a pain in the rear. i spent more time jacking with the hose clamps than pulling out the rad and fan assembly.

Attachments

• 20210722_103357.jpg
    20210722_103357.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 6

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropped new Delco Rad in this morning. Looks like truck was running on OEM radiator as well and it failed at lower driver side corner. PLease make sure you have a decent pair of hose clamp pliers or 2 or 3!!! They are a pain in the rear. i spent more time jacking with the hose clamps than pulling out the rad and fan assembly.
Did you have actual hose clamp pliers or were you trying it with regular pliers? I bought a set of the specialty pliers a couple years ago and now I don’t know how I did without them. They’re great, especially how they lock open.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have actual hose clamp pliers or were you trying it with regular pliers? I bought a set of the specialty pliers a couple years ago and now I don’t know how I did without them. They’re great, especially how they lock open.
Was working with this setup.
Knipex cobra hose clamps pliers
Amazon special Ares hose clamp pliers
Blue ones are just Irwin vise grips

Earlier in the year when I did the water pump and all the hoses and Ts, all I had were the blue Irwins. Those knipex those pricey are awesome

Attachments

• 20210722_164539.jpg
    20210722_164539.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 3

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was working with this setup.
Knipex cobra hose clamps pliers
Amazon special Ares hose clamp pliers
Blue ones are just Irwin vise grips

Earlier in the year when I did the water pump and all the hoses and Ts, all I had were the blue Irwins. Those knipex those pricey are awesome
You need some like these. You can buy a set on Amazon for about $20. They make it super easy. The clamp is ratcheted open and then the pliers act as a handle to position the clamp right where you want it. image.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have both upper and lower steering shafts to replace. I'm wondering if doing both at the same time would be easier or more difficult. I was thinking of trying up the steering wheel with the seatbelt to hold it in place, so the steering wheel stays straight once everything is put back together. Does anyone have any better ideas or suggestions on how to conquer this? I'm all ears guys. Tia.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need some like these. You can buy a set on Amazon for about $20. They make it super easy. The clamp is ratcheted open and then the pliers act as a handle to position the clamp right where you want it.

I use these, it moves your hand gripping action away from the clamp so you don't have to worry about room and it locks open as well.
1627044555537.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645