What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like having the pliers attached to the clamp and holding it securely, it’s like having a good handle on the clamp so you can position it precisely without having to reach down and move it with your fingers. They swivel so the pliers never get in the way, at least they haven’t yet. I suppose there might be one that would require those but I haven’t found one yet, been using mine for a few years.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have both upper and lower steering shafts to replace. I'm wondering if doing both at the same time would be easier or more difficult. I was thinking of trying up the steering wheel with the seatbelt to hold it in place, so the steering wheel stays straight once everything is put back together. Does anyone have any better ideas or suggestions on how to conquer this? I'm all ears guys. Tia.
T, I’d do them both at once. No reason not to. And I just wrapped the steering wheel with the seatbelt to keep it in position. Worked like a charm. Lined up perfectly, and 100% still aligned

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
I have both upper and lower steering shafts to replace. I'm wondering if doing both at the same time would be easier or more difficult. I was thinking of trying up the steering wheel with the seatbelt to hold it in place, so the steering wheel stays straight once everything is put back together. Does anyone have any better ideas or suggestions on how to conquer this? I'm all ears guys. Tia.

I usually just use a seatbelt. The actual tool doesn’t give you as much wiggle room to get on bolts. If I was doing something where the wheels were going to be off the ground it’s more likely to work out nice, like replacing a steering gear. It’s good if you’re going to take the column out, but I’ve done it to just use painters tape to hold the wheel to the column covers

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok, it's all put together but I've never noticed this. Had my gf turning the wheel all the way to the left, all the way to the right etc, and noticed this--
Is this "wobble " normal? Everything is tight and nothing moves that shouldn't while it's sitting still. I right have to bang the lower shaft onto the steering box--it was a tight fit. Normal?20210723_150851.jpg20210723_150902.jpg

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never done one, but it looks like the joint (where the bolt is) is not squared up. If you rotated it so the clip on the nut side is to the right, loosened the bolt, and pushed down on the joint, you might be able to take the angle out of it. Then re-tighten.

Maybe others have suggestions.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, it's all put together but I've never noticed this. Had my gf turning the wheel all the way to the left, all the way to the right etc, and noticed this--
Is this "wobble " normal? Everything is tight and nothing moves that shouldn't while it's sitting still. I right have to bang the lower shaft onto the steering box--it was a tight fit. Normal?View attachment 345629View attachment 345630
I’ve never watched mine as the wheel is turned but thst sure doesn’t look right to me. I’m curious to see what others say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345