What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had two O2s seized on a 2013 Hyundai I did a downpipe on, for a Florida car with low miles I never expected them to be so stuck. I soaked multiple times with penetrating oil, hit with an air hammer to try to free up rust, torched until hot, and finally pulled the pipe put it in a vice and let big daddy M18 impact have a go until it rounded the threads smooth. The lesson is sometimes you just can't win, luckily all I had to do was get new sensors as I already had the new down pipe.

Bruh- Even when you're laying under it and looking at it from the other side, it's still "righty tighty, lefty loosey".

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t you have ramps or jack stands? So that sensor is stuck? Dammit.
I have em, just shouldn't have to use em just to do an oil change. Besides, my 1-stall garage is cramped enough w/o having to wheel around a jack and stands. Hell, I have to fold in both mirrors just to get her in the garage.
View attachment 271821
Goes from changing fluid to getting a new trans.
I also found this--https://www.gmtruckclub.com/threads/look-here-trouble-code-p1870-for-harsh-1-2-shifts.54475/
It may or may not apply, but it's interesting nonetheless. Trans problems suk more then engine problems! What issue are you having with the O2? Seized, not wanting to come out?
I saw that link and that is why I will start out with just throwing on a junkyard valve body.

Yeah that O2 sensor is seized in the bung. I remember trying to get it out when I was removing the exhaust to remove the tranny. I ended up just unplugging it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have em, just shouldn't have to use em just to do an oil change. Besides, my 1-stall garage is cramped enough w/o having to wheel around a jack and stands. Hell, I have to fold in both mirrors just to get her in the garage.

I saw that link and that is why I will start out with just throwing on a junkyard valve body.

Yeah that O2 sensor is seized in the bung. I remember trying to get it out when I was removing the exhaust to remove the tranny. I ended up just unplugging it.
Did you try heat? I eventually got mine out with an adjustable pipe wrench, but the threads in the bung got stripped. I'm sure you remember that fiasco!

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try heat? I eventually got mine out with an adjustable pipe wrench, but the threads in the bung got stripped. I'm sure you remember that fiasco!
I'm gonna put it off for a while until I am ready to replace the valve body. Once she's out of commission, it might as well be for the duration.
I do NOT want the bad luck you had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019