What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Staines

Reaction score
I installed a backup camera yesterday. This is to go with my Sony XAV-AX5000 radio. Routing the cable is always a bit of a pain in the ass. I decided to replace the subwoofer while I was at it. I followed a forum recommendation and got an Image Dynamics 8" sub. It fit perfectly. Next on the short-list is to install resistors on my brake lights so I can put the LEDs in. It's only about 30 mins of work, but my motivation is a tad low.

I decided to finally pull the trigger and order new seat coverings as well as the foam insert. The Seat shop is running a 20% off sale. It came to ~$450 for everything on the driver's seat. This one looks like it will be an adventure.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn’t really that cold -at least for me-.. it was around 31° this am. Warm enough to shovel and blow snow in shorts and a tee shirt. The activity of shoveling, etc.. really warms you up. I end up sweating a lot when it actually is cold. Although, I was wearing some good snow boots. Gotta keep your feet dry! [emoji2957][emoji23]

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed a backup camera yesterday. This is to go with my Sony XAV-AX5000 radio. Routing the cable is always a bit of a pain in the ass. I decided to replace the subwoofer while I was at it. I followed a forum recommendation and got an Image Dynamics 8" sub. It fit perfectly. Next on the short-list is to install resistors on my brake lights so I can put the LEDs in. It's only about 30 mins of work, but my motivation is a tad low.

I decided to finally pull the trigger and order new seat coverings as well as the foam insert. The Seat shop is running a 20% off sale. It came to ~$450 for everything on the driver's seat. This one looks like it will be an adventure.
Pics, or never happened.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It wasn’t really that cold -at least for me-.. it was around 31° this am. Warm enough to shovel and blow snow in shorts and a tee shirt. The activity of shoveling, etc.. really warms you up. I end up sweating a lot when it actually is cold. Although, I was wearing some good snow boots. Gotta keep your feet dry! [emoji2957][emoji23]

Same here, and a little less snow, maybe 6" but heavy and wet. Went out in jeans and a sweatshirt with hiking shoes and got to it. Haven't fired up the snowblower yet.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I thought you were gonna say you wore flip flops!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked outside almost my whole life, and I don’t like it when it gets below about 40. It’s ok if you only go out for a bit but when I had to work 8 hours a day in it, well...f that. The worst is when it’s 40 and raining. My hands have shit circulation so they turn blue, then white after awhile. And hurt like hell. There aren’t gloves made that I could hold small screws etc and would keep my hands warm. All the “grip” type thin gloves seemed to make my hands even colder. It’s part of the reason I think I’m done with that shit. F the cold lol.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked outside almost my whole life, and I don’t like it when it gets below about 40. It’s ok if you only go out for a bit but when I had to work 8 hours a day in it, well...f that. The worst is when it’s 40 and raining. My hands have shit circulation so they turn blue, then white after awhile. And hurt like hell. There aren’t gloves made that I could hold small screws etc and would keep my hands warm. All the “grip” type thin gloves seemed to make my hands even colder. It’s part of the reason I think I’m done with that shit. F the cold lol.
Sounds like you have something like my wife has that’s called Raynaud’s Syndrome. Her blood vessel constrict when cold and her fingers turn blue and hurt. It’s sort of an autoimmune thing.

I can understand your dislike of the cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz