What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8.5 years ago, I replaced the driver blend door actuator and never put the kick cover back on. The screws have been in a baggie in the console. Last week, I replaced the passenger side which required taking the dash cover, a-pillars, air bag, vents, and some supports off. I broke a mounting clip/tab support.

Today, the repair of my dash cover tabs fully cured, so I reinstalled it. Decided to put the kick cover back on. I now remember why I never did. That screw inward, right behind the center console is impossible! I taped it to my 7mm socket and got it started. Decided to yank the socket out and attach to the ratchet. Couldn't get it turned much because I couldn't get the socket back on it.

Started taking parts of the center console apart to see if I could get at it and realized there were some screws that would also be impossible to remove. Put what I took off back on.

Figured it was well enough and gave up. Might wrestle with it some more later. Just ran out of fecks to give.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8.5 years ago, I replaced the driver blend door actuator and never put the kick cover back on. The screws have been in a baggie in the console. Last week, I replaced the passenger side which required taking the dash cover, a-pillars, air bag, vents, and some supports off. I broke a mounting clip/tab support.

Today, the repair of my dash cover tabs fully cured, so I reinstalled it. Decided to put the kick cover back on. I now remember why I never did. That screw inward, right behind the center console is impossible! I taped it to my 7mm socket and got it started. Decided to yank the socket out and attach to the ratchet. Couldn't get it turned much because I couldn't get the socket back on it.

Started taking parts of the center console apart to see if I could get at it and realized there were some screws that would also be impossible to remove. Put what I took off back on.

Figured it was well enough and gave up. Might wrestle with it some more later. Just ran out of fecks to give.

I dont put that screw back, never been a issue the other two screws hold it good enough.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washed it yesterday, had to get the nasty crap
From the little snow we had off. Today, did some detailing. Really liking the way the wax works on the rear window trim. Thanks @05Single! Boring same Ol pics.
9495310f0d04503685d332f609b619c9.jpg

a3a6f8f295ded5f9d41d50bd958abb88.jpg

2f64cd149605c2c4e4c0ff33db880418.jpg
de7b850b86fff5ece11bef71fd1565ed.jpg
Looks good Sam. Man what I would do to have a garage that big....

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good Sam. Man what I would do to have a garage that big....
That DOES look good, @Sam Harris !
Thanks guys! I think the wax does the trick on the trim pieces very well. And yes Mark, as soon as I opened up the garage door when we were looking at the house, I was like: “ah hell yeah!!”.. [emoji23][emoji631][emoji106]

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2-car garage but, with two cars, that's about all that fits. They don't make 'em like they used to!
That’s for sure! Garages used to be “generously sized”! Now you’re lucky to fit 2 sedans in a garage! Forget about a truck! Used to fit 2 (bigass) cars, and still have plenty of room for a small shop, as well as fridge / freezer.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But aren’t you working on your garage? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I have to make my garage a drive-through, and then build a small shop in my back yard, and then I’ll be ok. But yes, I’m working on the old one car 1950’s garage right now. I feel like I’m building a tiny house though....gotta make good use of every bit of space especially since I’ll be basically losing the back wall as it will be an overhead door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YETI the Yukon