What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did this today...

8c433bf9f2192f329f94c7f7c68fa8b8.jpg

But for some reason, couldn’t get it to close right on the driver side...

84938ac79423034d33401e38a0678da8.jpg

Sits up higher when I get it to close with just the latch holding it down. When I close all the way down, it really shows. I’m not body guy for sure, but I do think something is very wrong with how it’s closing. Seems like it needs some more aligning. Passenger side lines up fine. Driver’s side, not so much. I’m not sure where or how to adjust it. Didn’t want to have to take it to body shop until time to paint it. Advice is certainly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
there are rubber stoppers on both sides of the front part of each fender, they screw up and down, you may have to lower one side and lift the other.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did this today...

8c433bf9f2192f329f94c7f7c68fa8b8.jpg

But for some reason, couldn’t get it to close right on the driver side...

84938ac79423034d33401e38a0678da8.jpg

Sits up higher when I get it to close with just the latch holding it down. When I close all the way down, it really shows. I’m not body guy for sure, but I do think something is very wrong with how it’s closing. Seems like it needs some more aligning. Passenger side lines up fine. Driver’s side, not so much. I’m not sure where or how to adjust it. Didn’t want to have to take it to body shop until time to paint it. Advice is certainly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can loosen the bolts that hold the hinges to the hood and adjust it that way too. Looks like it needs to move to the driver side a bit. It takes patience and some fuckery. You have to open it, loosen the bolts on both sides, move one to the side and tighten, close it slowly to see if the other side needs to go fore or aft, tighten that side, close it slowly, etc. Pretty much need a helper and mark the locations of the bolts by drawing a circle around the heads/ washers so you have a reference of where you started from. I did mine by myself and got kind of good at it after 2-3 times.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my water pump thread cover from
https://www.mightymousesolutions.com/product-page/gm-water-pump-cap and put it on. Looks a bit better but I need go pull it off , paint the pulley, and reinstall. Also did one on the Silverado, same thing. They even sent me a spare.

View attachment 257920 View attachment 257921 View attachment 257922

Now I gotta see if mine has threads and (gasp!) rust. If so, I'll let the engine idle while I mill down the threads with a flap disc on my grinder, then spray paint it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I gotta see if mine has threads and (gasp!) rust. If so, I'll let the engine idle while I mill down the threads with a flap disc on my grinder, then spray paint it.
Yeah go for it! The cover is $3 figured it’s worth it to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia