What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could have built a helmholtz resonator, to cancel out just the frequency you don’t want to hear. I got some help from another member here, and instructed my exhaust guy how I wanted it. Works like a charm! My drone was terrible at 2k, right at cruising rpm, and now, it’s pretty much silent. I still get my nice loud exhaust when I want it, but no drone. Win-win!!!d769f66b1cbc098e85e28cd3fe945e07.jpg
48adf01afb60b7bd91b988818b7dd9cc.jpg
0438b4220f9c9fe95f0625e1921c56b2.jpg
I’m running ARH Longtubes with catted y-pipe and a teenie 18” Magnaflow, with standard resonator delete.

Science and math FTW.

Your setup was almost identical to mine except for the headers. I had the stock manifolds, Y-pipe, cats and an 18" Magnaflow clone and resonator delete. Perfect sound, perfect volume and no drone at all.

@alex s had his exhaust dumped under the truck. Having the sound reverberate under the truck is a losing situation regardless of what frequencies you cancel out!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the stock 6.0 cam. Anyone know if it's still good?View attachment 257625
Lobes look good to you guys? No flat lobes or anything like that. I was just wondering about wear.

Drag your thumbnail across each lobe and journal like you're trying to scratch it. If it catches anywhere on any of the visible lines, it's too deep. The lines should only be visible and not "feelable".

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Science and math FTW.

Your setup was almost identical to mine except for the headers. I had the stock manifolds, Y-pipe, cats and an 18" Magnaflow clone and resonator delete. Perfect sound, perfect volume and no drone at all.

@alex s had his exhaust dumped under the truck. Having the sound reverberate under the truck is a losing situation regardless of what frequencies you cancel out!
Yes, that’s going to make a big difference I’m sure.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Drag your thumbnail across each lobe and journal like you're trying to scratch it. If it catches anywhere on any of the visible lines, it's too deep. The lines should only be visible and not "feelable".
Thx Chris, I'll check it out tomorrow. Probably give it away anyway. How would this cam perform in a 4.8 or 5.3? Just curious.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
nice!, notice any difference stopping?

Ok, so i bedded the brakes this evening. I will say there is absolutely a difference in braking. With the nnbs fronts, I can make this thing nosedive right quick. Some of it may be due to high quality parts (all R1 concepts with new Delco performance calipers), but I'm sure the bigger rotors contribute to the stopping power. Well worth the time and $, imo.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i bedded the brakes this evening. I will say there is absolutely a difference in braking. With the nnbs fronts, I can make this thing nosedive right quick. Some of it may be due to high quality parts (all R1 concepts with new Delco performance calipers), but I'm sure the bigger rotors contribute to the stopping power. Well worth the time and $, imo.
do you have hydroboost or regular vacuum brakes?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that’s going to make a big difference I’m sure.

Unfortunately, I'm living that life at the moment. Well, a little. The small amount that that cutout leaks is plenty to be heard. It's pipe is turned down in front of the axle, so I hear it! I stuffed rags in it and it was a night and day difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645