What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch! Glad the block is alright. I have been looking for an RCSB to build because I don't want to mess with my Tahoe (need to keep one reliable vehicle), but now I am questioning whether I want to punish myself like you have! Haha.

Honestly if the first machine shop hadn't screwed me up with the wrong rings my RCSB would still be putting a smile on my face. This 370 should last me many years to come and hopefully I can make it my daily again.

RCSBs are so easy to work on!

Your Tahoe looks great BTW!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well buddies 408 totally ate the crank. The rods were also magnetized but the shop un-magnetized them and the new eagle crank is balanced and ready to install.

Still going to be awhile before either this 408 or my 370 will be done but I like checking in on them weekly. And I figured carnage pics are always cool.

This is multiple surfaces of the crank not just one. That's how the shop determined low oil pressure was the cause of the failure. View attachment 252407 View attachment 252408 View attachment 252409

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly if the first machine shop hadn't screwed me up with the wrong rings my RCSB would still be putting a smile on my face. This 370 should last me many years to come and hopefully I can make it my daily again.

RCSBs are so easy to work on!

Your Tahoe looks great BTW!

Thanks!

I miss having something manual and everything I have done to the Tahoe has been cosmetic or comfort related. Haven't turned wrenches much lately other than doing a front seal on an Expedition trans. Time to actually build something!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10