What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I bought my rig I never liked the braking power it had, it always felt like I was stopping a tank. I was planning on doing a big brake kit and figured I would try the NNBS brake upgrade first. This week I found the NNBS rotors, calipers and brake pads on OfferUp for $150, I jumped on the deal. Got them installed this afternoon and my goodness what a fking difference did it make, it stops on a dime. I'm not sure if the brake upgrade made that much difference or the oem brakes it had were shot.

View attachment 250482
That sounds like you got a pretty good deal on everything! I’m slowly working on that upgrade as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No more onstar buttons. Thinking I may friend someone to do cutouts for the USBs from the radio.
Installed my cubby but might have to super glue it closed cause the screws then sent cracked the holes immediately. ‍♂️
Also decided to go with a stubby antenna cause I could never find good reviews on hidden antennas, and also through on some esky vent caps. I’m happy with it so far.

1003984B-B979-48BA-BE8B-4A77A51AEC7E.jpeg 715F9F75-C7E5-4336-BC29-6F81108AE299.jpeg A30548F4-F005-44E8-BFCD-645FCFDC9F0B.jpeg C510A7A1-E784-4289-9335-A25D5EB387CD.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also a question: For those with the vent cap did you notice they aren’t flush all the way around, or is it just me?

View attachment 250507
They only line up perfectly with the Esky rear glass. You can swap glass and third brake light if you want or leave it as is. I don’t care for the Esky third light so I left mine.
Edit: it should fit flush on the side, just has a slight difference in the curve at the top. Yours might not be on all the way.

image.jpg image.jpg

GJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They only line up perfectly with the Esky rear glass. You can swap glass and third brake light if you want or leave it as is. I don’t care for the Esky third light so I left mine.
Edit: it should fit flush on the side, just has a slight difference in the curve at the top. Yours might not be on all the way.

View attachment 250508 View attachment 250509
Ah!!! Gotcha. I’m gonna look at that now. It looked as if part of the tabs on the outside slide under the side window strip but I wasn’t sure and didn’t wanna break it.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put on a Moroso catch can...definitely needed after I saw what came out of my intake and what was in the top part of the valve cover when I replaced my cracked heads. Thing sure is purdy!

Going to have my wife paint-pen the engine cover like I've seen several of y'all do.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just put on a Moroso catch can...definitely needed after I saw what came out of my intake and what was in the top part of the valve cover when I replaced my cracked heads. Thing sure is purdy!

Going to have my wife paint-pen the engine cover like I've seen several of y'all do.
Pics, or didn’t happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM