What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO I HAVE HEADERS??!! Lol, I do:D. Long tubes. At the collector?

Needs to be 8-20" from where the primary tubes collect on either bank. No real need to have one on each bank. Its totally worth having. Especially if you want the tune maximized to the extreme! I noticed my tahoe was tiping into Power enrichment at 30% throttle which normal cruise for me is somewhere between 25-40%. When it would enter power enrichment it would immediately drop the AFR to mid 12s rather than 14.7. That was causing a slight over usage of fuel and managed to net me a little bit better MPG when I fixed it. There are many little things like that which can be tuned easier when you can monitor AFR real time.

Its also great to diagnose stuff. My buddy with the 408 stroker denali was suddenly experiencing a lose of power during WOT. Checked the AFR and it was crazy lean like 15-16! Still not sure what caused it but we were able to add fuel to the cells that were running lean and back to big stroker power it was!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Needs to be 8-20" from where the primary tubes collect on either bank. No real need to have one on each bank. Its totally worth having. Especially if you want the tune maximized to the extreme! I noticed my tahoe was tiping into Power enrichment at 30% throttle which normal cruise for me is somewhere between 25-40%. When it would enter power enrichment it would immediately drop the AFR to mid 12s rather than 14.7. That was causing a slight over usage of fuel and managed to net me a little bit better MPG when I fixed it. There are many little things like that which can be tuned easier when you can monitor AFR real time.

Its also great to diagnose stuff. My buddy with the 408 stroker denali was suddenly experiencing a lose of power during WOT. Checked the AFR and it was crazy lean like 15-16! Still not sure what caused it but we were able to add fuel to the cells that were running lean and back to big stroker power it was!
That’s all good if you do your own tuning but if not, it’s not all that useful imo unless you have boost and want to make sure you’re not getting too lean.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get some feedback here...

I have my Tahoe lifted with the Supreme Suspensions 3" pucks and torsion keys. I'm going to switch to the 2" pucks to level it out, right now the back sits up much higher than the front. Supreme offers the adjustable panhard bar and I want to make the ride as comfortable and predictable as I can. What benefits are you noticing from installing these, or should I just stick to an OEM piece and leave it be?

Thanks!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get some feedback here...

I have my Tahoe lifted with the Supreme Suspensions 3" pucks and torsion keys. I'm going to switch to the 2" pucks to level it out, right now the back sits up much higher than the front. Supreme offers the adjustable panhard bar and I want to make the ride as comfortable and predictable as I can. What benefits are you noticing from installing these, or should I just stick to an OEM piece and leave it be?

Thanks!
The adjustable panhard will do nothing for the ride, it will only center the rear end side-to-side. As the suspension moves up and down it moves side-to-side a small amount. So if you lift or lower your truck it no longer sits in the center at the middle or ride height of your suspension. The more you lift or lower it the more off-center it is.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adjustable panhard will do nothing for the ride, it will only center the rear end side-to-side. As the suspension moves up and down it moves side-to-side a small amount. So if you lift or lower your truck it no longer sits in the center at the middle or ride height of your suspension. The more you lift or lower it the more off-center it is.

And now I have the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts