What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
So my truck still has severe lack of power (no codes) however I floored it yesterday and got P0102. I looked it up and it seems like I may have bad cats after all. One of the causes for P0102 (Maf Sensor - Low Circuit) is clogged cats and seems to be consistant with lack of power.

I think I'll be making a call to the exhaust shop again to have new cats welded in.

Question for the group. If it cost 250-300 per car welded in is it worth it or just buy replacement pipes online?

I’ve fixed a Silverado with no codes and no balls by replacing the maf before. It was a dog taking off, but drove fair at highway speed.
Does it fall on its face off idle, but capable of reving to 4K in neutral? Or does it seem pretty good right off idle, but won’t rev very high in neutral, even at wide open throttle?

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve fixed a Silverado with no codes and no balls by replacing the maf before. It was a dog taking off, but drove fair at highway speed.
Does it fall on its face off idle, but capable of reving to 4K in neutral? Or does it seem pretty good right off idle, but won’t rev very high in neutral, even at wide open throttle?

The maf was just replaced, along with bank 1 sensor 1 02 sensor and the knock sensors. Over all drivability is fine, however when I go to accelerate it's a pig. Doesnt want to go feels like I'm driving a honda civic that weighs the same as my Denali

I havent tried revving in neutral but it has no power to get up to speed.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whichever way will give you better quality cats. Ideally, OEM cats are best. But, many people's budget doesn't allow for them. Just know that you pretty much get what you pay for when it comes to cats.

Personally, if it's a $500-$600 repair, I'd hollow them out (if you have visual inspections) or remove them altogether with one size smaller diameter pipe in their place then get a tune and have them taken outta the programming along with all the other usual tweaks.

My truck is exempt from emissions in MA I was planning on just cutting them out all together but then I'd have a CEL and I dont have the funds for a tune at the moment (awaiting closing on my house)

Do we know if the sparkplug antifouler trick works with these trucks? Till I can spend the money on a tune?

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long does a 30 minute data log take to save to auto-cal??!? I just did my first log of driving 30 minutes and after over 10 minutes it still says: saving. What gives?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long does a 30 minute data log take to save to auto-cal??!? I just did my first log of driving 30 minutes and after over 10 minutes it still says: saving. What gives?
I don't think it has the memory to save a 30 minute log, it only take a few minutes log for them to do the tune, like a couple full acceleration runs is all you need

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dammit. Says 20-30 minutes on the paper. I took a long drive. lol. Only about 32 minutes though.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is exempt from emissions in MA I was planning on just cutting them out all together but then I'd have a CEL and I dont have the funds for a tune at the moment (awaiting closing on my house)

Do we know if the sparkplug antifouler trick works with these trucks? Till I can spend the money on a tune?

You should be able to get a tune if you have the $500-$600 to have the cats replaced. Maybe not a BB tune because of what all is involved. But maybe a local tuner? If you have a local performance shop, they may be able to delete the cats and tune all in one visit for about that price.

I think the non-fouler trick is hit or miss. But that could be the people doing it. Maybe they're drilling out the other one too much right off the bat? For the minimal cost, I'd surely try it.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get a tune if you have the $500-$600 to have the cats replaced. Maybe not a BB tune because of what all is involved. But maybe a local tuner? If you have a local performance shop, they may be able to delete the cats and tune all in one visit for about that price.

I think the non-fouler trick is hit or miss. But that could be the people doing it. Maybe they're drilling out the other one too much right off the bat? For the minimal cost, I'd surely try it.

I'll have to look to see what's around. Finding a place to cut cats out is difficult. Apparently it's a federal crime or something lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93

Latest posts